“Great Restaurant”

Ranked #578 of 856 Restaurants in Hoi An
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I were in Hoi An for 7 nights. We stumbled across this nice restaurant quite by accident and we ended up having dinner their 5 out of 7 nights. The quality of the food was very good and the ingredients are obviously better than the average. We made the mistake of going to another restaurant nearby (just for a change) for dinner one night and had to wait a quite a bit longer than when we ate at the Green Moss. We found the owner and her sister to be both friendly and professional and we both had a great dinner chatting with them and the food was also very nice.

There are a couple of beautiful little dogs which like to occasionally sit near the table and we found them no trouble at all (I am an animal lover BTW). Anyway, I would without hesitation recommend this restaurant and I can't really figure out why they have had some negative reviews.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Moor a small price your an go into the kitchen and see how it is made while you write down the receive. Then you get to eat your favourite dish....yummmmm

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I visited Green Moss everyday for a week. I had great service and the Vietnamese food was brilliant & tasty & cooked to perfection. Was even shown how to cook some dishes by the chef at no charge. Don't understand the negative feedback. I rate it a 9/10..

1  Thank kittykatmelb
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We stopped after a long day of motorbike riding. Owner was very bossy about where to park to bike. Given people park anywhere and everywhere and it was 9pm with not many people around, this got me off. Prices were expensive. Dogs running around in the kitchen and barking put us off so we just had a drink. No one around when we wanted to leave, had to yell out an eventually someone came and took out money.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I am at a loss to understand the recent poor reviews of this restaurant. There isn't a speck of green moss to be seen anywhere; the restaurant is clean (if simple) and the food is quite delicious. The menu offers a wide selection of Vietnamese, Thai and western dishes with plenty of options for vegetarians, all at very reasonable prices. Prawns in Tamarind Sauce is a particularly excellent dish which I thoroughly recommend.
The staff are friendly, helpful and charming and although the food can take up to 20 minutes to arrive, this suggests it is cooked to order rather than being whipped out of the warm cabinet.
I really recommend this little restaurant. If you go there and like it (as I do) please write a favourable review, because in my opinion they deserve it.