“Great food and cheapest cooking class”
Review of Cafe 43

Cafe 43
Ranked #95 of 838 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I did a cooking lesson for $5USD each plus price of meals. We chose fried stuffed squid and chicken curry. Our lesson was detailed and the food tasted great. Most other courses are $15-$25 each, so this was a bargain. Beers only 3,000d, it is the best place for backpackers on a budget while also getting to try some authentic Vietnamese food.

There are newer reviews for Cafe 43

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Well, my husband and I enjoyed our meal (dinner), but I'm not sure that we understand the hype. Prices are dirt cheap, the food is good and fresh beer is available. However, service was rushed as the place was crowded with tourists - didn't see any locals. We were by far the oldest folks there and were annoyed by the many smokers. I guess we've gotten spoiled by the smoke-free restaurants in the U.S. Of note were the chopsticks that were not wrapped, but stored in a metal container on each table. We were wary of their cleanliness, but had no choice but to used them.
I can't say that Cafe 43 is any better than the multitude of places we visited on our 3 week trip but, cheap it is.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I loved this restaurant. I had the eggplant in clay pot, it was incredible. It was so good I then ordered the tofu, still good but not as great as the eggplant. Everything we had was good, including the fresh beer. I would love to go back again.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The food in cafe 43 is excellent and comes with a good price. We ate here every morning, especially banana pancakes and mango shakes were super yummy!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Loved this restaurant!! Delicious food at such a good price!! We went there 3 times in our 3 days in Hoi An. definitely try the mango, chocolate and yogurt dessert - delicious!!

1  Thank Caitlyndebeer