“Great value Vietnamese fare”
Review of Cafe 43

Cafe 43
Ranked #88 of 788 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Great value Vietnamese fare”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great value food with nice staff. Although 'western' food is served, I would recommend sticking to the Vietnamese offerings and the bia hoi (3,000 vd a glass!)

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Sydney, Australia
“Thanks for the cooking class”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

For $5 plus basic menu cost you can gave a 1 on 1 cooking class where you see every step and take part in most with the friendly owner. It's well organised with everything setout in preparation.

Food doesn't have the same complex flavours as some of the other meals I've had but they are good and great value.

• Visited May 2013
Manila, Philippines
“delicious food and friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

my first visit at this restaurant is a bit funny. I was at the river and I asked a moto driver to bring me to Cafe 43 since I've been reading about it in blogs. when he stopped I realized i was back where I came from, my hotel was right next door! I loved the spring rolls and the chicken on banana leaf. The white rose was just okay but i guess each to his own taste. Another tourist I met seemed to like it very much. The owner is really nice as well as his daughter and wife who helps out in the restaurant. I also booked my taxi ride from them to the train station and booked my My Son Trip with the owner too. His name escapes me now, Bless him, but he's really nice and it's funny because I tried to bargain for my tour thinking we will ride a motorbike but turned out he will drive me in his Chevy! he was also thoughtful enough to grab a handful of CDs with english songs in it. I didn't have the heart to tell him those were pretty old, unfamiliar songs and that i would prefer to listen to Vietnamese songs.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank goddessofthehiway
Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good cheap food!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice little place with cheap and good vietnamese food. It was also the place with the cheapest beer on tap (3000 dong)

Try the papaya salad if you go there! very good!

Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice ambience”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A mix of "westernised" Vietnamese fare and fast food is served here mainly to backpackers.

Most of it was ok but my "burger" was sloppy and very soft.

However the beer here is very cheap at only 3000 vnd a glass!

The seating is very comfortable and the sounds of caged birds predominate.

The staff are friendly and the service is ok.... but beware...THE OWNER KEEPS ALL THE TIPS FOR HIMSELF!

Apparently the staff get nothing despite only paying them $5 a day!

Depending on your viewpoint you may leave with indigestion!

• Visited February 2013