“Cafe 43 for Dinner”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Cafe 43 is a good local spot. The service was great and so were the 3,000 dong fresh beers. I had the chicken curry with steamed rice which was average. I did have high expectations because of the reviews but the prices are cheap which balanced it out. I would visit again but just try another meal.

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Got chicken burger. Ordered beef burger. Gave it back, got another chicken burger. They insicted it was beef. Gave it back. Still ended up on the bill. Not really cheaper then most nice places in town eather.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We dined here at the recommendation of our guide and when we arrived it was clear to see that this place had long been discovered by travellers. The service was friendly, the food sensational and the prices ridiculously low. I ordered a beer and 2 main sized meals and my bill only came to $2.50 (I feel embarrassed by this!). Our group of eight just about ordered the entire menu. The place is not flash but largeish for its kind. A tiny bit off the beaten track but well worth the visit. If you're on a budget or even if you're not, Cafe 43 should be one place you should dine at. Try the stuffed squid!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We went to this restaurant based on our guidebook's recommendation. Upon arriving we were overwhelmed by the accolades written by previous guests. So I guess we were expecting something really, really special. Well, that is not what we got. The food was OK, but very far from fantastic. In fact it was the first place in all of South Asia where everything tasted of pepper. I am not a fan of pepper in any case, but it should especially be very lightly used in South Asian cuisine. Here everything was soaked in pepper.
The beer is the cheapest we have seen in Hoi An, but the food is not special.
Verdict - not worth the trek. If you happen to be in the neighourhood, go for it, but don't go out of your way to eat here

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Menu is vast and the food is delicious and cheap. Friendly service. Highly recommended. A cut above most traveller restaurants. Also does great cooking courses. Just ask.