“Great all round”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Absolutely great spot. When I first got there I read of people saying that they only ate there during their stay and after going to a different place the day after I knew what they mean. Trust me if you are in Hoi An you will not find a better joint. Great food. Nice squid. Great pancakes. Best ones I've had in all of SEA. Make sure you have some. Prices are very cheap and the beer is fresh. Who can say no to a few 20cents glass?

There are newer reviews for Cafe 43

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for cheap Vietnamese eats and drinks, Cafe 43 is the place for you. The food was good for the price, though not as good as some of the other places I've eaten in Hoi An. It was very carrot-heavy though, so don't come here if you don't like carrot! The white rose dumplings were ok, but the dipping sauce was excellent! I don't like beer, but my husband was happy with the 3000 dong mugs of local beer. Service was fast.

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We walked down the bia hoi street in search of a bia hoi! Lots of cafes offer 3000 dong beers on this strip but we chose 43 purely because it had people in. We wanted a few beers before food as we were not overly hungry when we walked in but the staff gave the impression they thought we were just gonna drink beer all afternoon and they weren't impressed. After 4 glasses we ordered and the staff seemed a bit warmer towards us after that. We've eaten a lot of pho and not much else over the last few weeks so the food we ordered made a nice change. It was nothing to write home about but we did enjoy it.

1  Thank n1c8
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Cafe 43 was a highlight of Hoi An and Vietnam in terms of Vietnamese food. The fried wonton, lemongrass chicken, curry chicken, cao lau, white rose were all incredible. My friends and I ate there 3-4 times.

We didn't even know it was in Lonely Planet... It was recommend to us by a friend. We went to a couple other Vietnamese restaurants in Hoi An, but they weren't nearly as good as Cafe 43.

And yes, they have 15-cent beer that is really watered down if that's your kind of thing.

GO THERE!

1  Thank Alexa H
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I ate here last year nothing has changed the food is averge bit to westernised for my taste. Service is about the same as every where else, If it wasn't for the lonely planet the place would be just another cafe. I don't think I will have a 3rd visit Hoian is full of great cafe's

1  Thank Ian4217