“Excellent food and service, good value ”
Review of The Mermaid (Nhu Y) Restaurant - CLOSED

The Mermaid (Nhu Y) Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on Saturday night with a group of 8 (4 kids, 4 adults). They don't take reservations so we got in early. Staff were very good, happily rearranging tables to fit our group. Outstanding local dishes with some Western options for kids if needed. The squid stuffed with pork is amazing but all dishes were great. Kids happy too. Cold beer and cocktails also. All for $10 a head. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for The Mermaid (Nhu Y) Restaurant

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Came here on arrival in Hoi An with an Intrepid food tour. The food was great - the white rose dumplings are wonderful and I also had pomello and shrimp salad, which was delicious. Staff were friendly and food came out quickly. Very reasonably priced. If you're looking for something a bit more westernized, then there are some items on the menu just for you.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Was referred here by the manager of Miss Ly's as they were full and I did not have reservations. I had a mango salad and noodles and the food was really good. I felt the ambience could be better The restaurant opens right on to the road and I had to keep swatting away flies around my food which left me feeling a bit uneasy about the cleanliness.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is of course out side of the locals eating habbits which differ from the tourist. The Mermaid is a little crowded a lot of the times and table can be close but the food was good. I had the Seafood hotpot which was really tasty. It's a fairly small place, decore nothing special, and it just empties on to the street. I think they live a bit on their reviews and the fact that they are mentioned in quite a few guide books but their food backs it up I think.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We went back to Mermaid two nights in a row because we loved it so much the first night. Delectable food and efficient (if a bit swift - but that is because it is so popular) staff and service.