“Lovely and relaxing day away from the bustle/hustle of Hoi An”
Review of Cham Island Diving

Cham Island Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Very good opportunity to get out of tourist path with scuba diving, snorkeling and overnight camping on Cham island Marine Park. From beginners to certified divers, you are all welcome. PADI Courses from Open Water Course till Dive Master. With our multilingual team of PADI Instructors ( English, French, Spanish, Italian,German and Vietnamese) enjoy a day out and splash into the beautiful underwater world. No troubles, make bubbles!
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This day came as a much needed relief from the hustle of most tourist attractions. Nobody asked me to buy anything all day!

The boat was full of interesting people including the staff, and the two snorkels/swims we went on were very enjoyable. Not the best fish/coral I've seen, but defintely good and worth it! The water is also a very pleasant relief from the scorching heat!

The lunch was terrific - much better than I was expecting.

The hour or so on the beach was also lovely - easy swimming, clean beach (no litter!!?!?!), nice shaded hammocks. Ahhhh.

1  Thank E S

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The minibus picked me up from my hotel, and the rest of the divers, then we were on our way. I did 2 dives for 1,680,000 dong, which is a lot more expensive than diving in Nha Trang, or Malaysia, where I've been previously.
The equipment and dive gear were spot on, as was the divemaster I was with, JG. He was good at pointing out lionfish, scorpionfish, stonefish, giant pufferfish, and the nudibranches.
When we got back on the boat after the two dives, we saw about 20 dolphins swimming off into the distance, which was a sight to behold!
We went to one of the islands for some lunch. The food was great, rice, noodles, seafood/pork/vegetarian choices. There was enough food on the table for everyone.
The day was well organised, the divemasters all very friendly and excellent coral and marine life spotted. Thanks for a great day out :-)

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I booked a day trip with cham island diving which included 2 dives, lunch and a short stay on an amazing beach on the island itself. when booking the trip we spoke to a very enthusiastic australian guy and you could really see how much he enjoyed diving and hoi an/cham island. he gave us a quick overview about the possible dive sites and was also completely honest with us telling us that the visibility might not be too amazing before we paid for the trip.
on the day itself, we went to the island on one of their 2 boats. the trip itself took about 1 hour but there's a sundeck at the top and complementary water and snacks are supplied.
the first dive wasn't too amazing, mainly because of the visibility (<8m) and the lack of marine life but that's really out of the dive centres control. the second dive was much better and a lot more colourful. you could see that the company was trying hard to give us the best experience as they even "test dived" one more spot before settling on a spot for the last dive.
after that we went to an almost empty, beautiful beach with crystal clear water. we had lunch there and could spend about an hour in the sun/swimming.
overall it was an amazing experience, if I had to bring up one negative thing, it was my dive master who didn't give us as much information as some other dive master did.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

The service provided by the company and the family on the island were great. The snorkelling spots we lovely (not Great Barrier reef but interesting); loads of star fish everywhere. The food provided on the island was superb. When I signed up for the overnight trip I thought there would be other people staying on the island; unfortunately there weren't. This is obviously not the fault of the Dive centre but it was a little bit more isolated and remote than I was expecting... I'd recommend checking if anyone else is staying! Having said that, a completely empty beach all to yourself as the sun is coming up is worth the lack of sleep the night before (almost!)

1  Thank Sarah-and-Tristan
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I think there are other dive trips out of Hoi An but this is the one that uses the big local wooden boats so the crossing to the island is spacious and comfortable. There are free snacks, coffee, tea and fruit on board because after swimming you can get hungry. We were given a wet suit and all the gear for snorkelling or diving. We snorkelled and one of the dive masters was with us the whole time in the water. He was like a mother duck with his ducklings, keeping an eye on all of us. Very reassuring. Anchored at two different dive locations then went to the beach where a wonderful banquet was laid on for lunch. There was time after lunch to laze in a hammock, snorkel from the beach or climb the rocks before the boat headed back to harbour. We when to Cham Island a second time with the same group and did a home stay in the fishing village. Thanks to GO TRAVEL Hoi An for organizing everything for us.