“Outstanding Crew, Great Experience”
Review of Cham Island Diving

Cham Island Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Very good opportunity to get out of tourist path with scuba diving, snorkeling and overnight camping on Cham island Marine Park. From beginners to certified divers, you are all welcome. PADI Courses from Open Water Course till Dive Master. With our multilingual team of PADI Instructors ( English, French, Spanish, Italian,German and Vietnamese) enjoy a day out and splash into the beautiful underwater world. No troubles, make bubbles!
New Paltz, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Outstanding Crew, Great Experience”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My wife, daughter and I have recently gotten bit by the diving bug. For a week-long holiday we went to Hoi An (been there before,love it) to shop and dive. My daughter is 12 and has her advanced OW certification, I'm 54 and had just received my Basic OW and looking to gain my Advanced. My wife is a paraplegic, has been in a wheel chair for 32 years and has taken up diving so that we could have a family sport to share, she has her Basic OW certification. So, not your typical situation - feisty kid who wants to do everything, old man trying to catch up with the kid, mom in a wheel chair. The Cham Island Team was STELLAR in every way in their accommodations and good natured spirit. The initial planning was done over a relaxing beer in their shop. Ludovico, one of the principals, is as easy going as they come and was more than happy ( a bit excited, actually) to help us figure out how we would make things work for everyone. As a mini bus is difficult for my wife to get in and out of, they had a private taxi shuttle us to and from the dive boat each day. Once at the dock, Alex ( another principal) took over the logistics of getting my wife on board - a sturdy and willing crew literally hoisted her - chair and all - up and onto the boat each day. Once aboard, my daughter got to play "boat monkey" while I studied with Maddy for my Advanced Certification and my wife enjoyed the ride and the company of Alex, Ivan, Kate, Cedric and the rest of the team. Getting my wife into the water and adjust buoyancy was the next hurdle, which Alex again masterminded and over saw - instead of seeing it as a problem, Alex seemed to enjoy rising to the challenge. In the water, we each got individual attention and instruction based on our needs, every dive was a complete pleasure. Lunch on Cham Island each day was plentiful, fresh and well prepared. We spent 6 days in Hoi An, dove for 3 and we were made to feel like family both on and off the boat for our entire stay, I can't say enough about these people, I feel like we've made close friends. We will definitely be back, I'd design a complete vacation around diving with Cham Island. Oh, By The Way - very well priced, no hidden fees or extra charges ,they're making a living, but it's clearly a labor of love.

2 Thank mpardus

• Hebrew first
New Paltz, New York
“diving!”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I'm 13 and I would recommend diving with this company, because the staff/ owners are very friendly and willing to help with everything. I got sick due to some street food the day of our diving and was allowed to sit on the boat or snorkel (because diving while being sick isn't safe). My mom is in a wheelchair due to an accident a few years back and can not walk at all for Cham Island Diving this was no problem she was lifted up and carried on to the boat and put her equipment on in the water after being gently pushing herself into the water, the instructor that dove with her let her do her own manuvering so as not to drag her through the water but helped her when the currents picked up. The island was beautiful and there was no problem getting my mother to and from the boat she swam to the island and took a small boat back, then was carried up the beach (not dragged) and placed into her wheel chair. The food was great (being that my father is a chef at a cooking school known as "the Culinary of the United States). I would highly recommend Cham Island Diving for family trips and if you are alone too!
I <3 Cham Island

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Best choice for diving Cham island”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

It's the people. They're wonderful. Run by Brits and Italians - smart, caring good people. And fun!

Lunch on the island is very good too...

Hoi An, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awsome”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I spent one day with this center and it was amazing! The staff is really friendly and professional. The island is beautifull and for sure i will recommend this place to all people coming here! The food is also very good.
Maybe one bad point: My stay was too short and when i will have time i will come back and certainly spend 2 or 3 days in the island.
A particular thanks to Marine who was an amyzing dive master!

Visited May 2011
Aalborg, Denmark
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Excellent service, but Italian staff need training”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I had a thoroughly enjoyable day diving with Cham Island Divers in June. The crew and divemasters were most helpful, picking me up at my hotel and generally taking care of everything. The lunch on Cham Island was really good, and the dive boat was superb. The only reason I can only give four points out of five stars is because of an Italian gentleman employed by the company who has the most short temper I've seen in a long time. He argued loudly and childishly with our Vietnamese driver for more than twenty minutes, while all the customers in the car were forced to witness his tantrum. A most disgraceful behaviour. It seemed to me he was in mistake too, but even if he wasn't workplace disputes shouldn't be resolved in front of paying customers ruining everyone's mood. Even if the day got off to a seriously wrong start, In the end it turned out lovely. Thanks to Maddie and Marie for nice diving.

1 Thank Bigso
ChamIslandDiving, Owner at Cham Island Diving, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Thanks for taking the time to review our dive center we really appreciate your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the trip with exception to minivan pick up. Please accept our sincere apologize for the behavior of the guide that day, this incident is very out of character for him.

Many Thanks