Hoang Trinh Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Sala Hotel(Hoi An)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscoconut cakestea and biscuitsold townair conon arrivalhot waterfree dinnerfriendly hotelfresh fruitrooms are cleanguest housebreakfast was amazingstayed here for nightsloved this hotellovely staffjapanese bridgenoodles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place was truly quite amazing!

Upon arrival (late at night – poor staff), I was invited to sit down and relax. I was presented with green tea, fruit, and a coconut macaroon. The staff were in no hurry for me to check-in (even though clearly past their bed-time), when all I really wanted was a hot shower and bed.

The room was clean, air-conditioned for sleep (a few minor hiccoughs with this – but just ‘fixed’ when brought to their attention), and had touches that clearly demonstrate a woman runs this hotel (Madam An) – my towels were folded into swans and it felt wrong to undo the craftsmanship. Bed slightly firm (by Australian standards), but I was used to this in Vietnam, and I slept very well.

The staff (all) were ever so helpful and friendly, and English was good.

I actually called this place ‘home’ on a number of occasions when conversing with other guests and travelers in the town, and it actually felt like that.

There were unexpected “courtesies” and demonstrations of hospitality, such as a cool drink every afternoon/evening on arriving back at the hotel, and one evening Madam An asked me to join other guests in the lovely courtyard for an evening meal (good food – provided freely and with much good will). What a great way to get patrons to talk to one another and engender a feeling of fellowship/conviviality. Splendidly done Madam An!

The included breakfast is just HUGE, and choice is varied. I asked for some fruit after the main part of my morning meal (expecting a choice of one piece of fruit – pretty standard), and was presented with a platter of assorted fruits that would have done four quite comfortably. Servings are very generous. You will not be hungry until well into the afternoon.

Motorbike hire just next door (again very friendly – and reasonable), and the hotel location is just enough out of the main drag to allow for quiet time. Only a two minute walk to the main streets of the old town.

Wi-fi in room excellent.

To top off the unexpected (yet generous and thoughtful) touches that made this hotel so memorable, they gave me a choice of a beautiful silk tie on checking out. These things stay in your mind.

I do plan on returning to Hoi An in the future, and I will most certainly be staying here again. I was actually quite saddened to leave!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Hoang Trinh and would recommend it to anyone staying in Hoi An. The staff went the extra mile to be incredibly friendly, helpful and thoughtful. The included breakfast was great - lots of options - and served on a pleasant terrace on the third floor. We were treated to a free dinner at the hotel with fellow guests because we were staying for three nights and even given a small gift upon our departure. The room had a little too much furniture in it but we had enough space nonetheless and it was actually quite cosy to come back to! It was also much better equipped than most other places we stayed - complimentary hair dryer, tea and coffee, bath robes etc.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Hoang trinh in a nice little hotel to stay at. Although the rooms can be quite small, they have many amenities including a hair dryer, thermos/kettle, television, umbrella etc. Each room has unique decorations. They would not be to everyone's taste as swans and love seems to feature predominately, but I thought it was very fun in a playful and kitsch kind of way.

The staff were kind and helpful.

Breakfast was very good and complimentary. Every morning there was a different selection of fruit, pastries and bread, as well as omelettes, pancakes, rice porridge, pho and baguettes (I would recommend the pâté and onion baguette)

There is a bicycle and motorbike rental place next door and it is a five minute walk to the old town and central shops.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was the opinion that "nice staff" and "warm and friendly atmosphere" was overrated. For me a hotel needs to be clean, professionally driven and in the best case both cheap and quiet. Well, I had all and it was the staff that always surprised us with nice little amenities that makes me give 4 stars. Free pickup, good breakfast/restaurant. Just one thing: ask for a room with window (not one facing a brick wall) and don't stay on ground level, rooms are a bit poorly aired.

Room Tip: Not the groundfloor!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The servise is great, the staff are very polite. I have nothing on them. You can rent bakes cheap nett door, and its not far from the old town. They had a dinner party for alle of the guests, and this was great! We got to now the other guests pretty well after a couple of beers.

Love the people!