“Hoang Trinh Hotel lived up to our expectations”
Review of Hoang Trinh Hotel

Hoang Trinh Hotel
Ranked #26 of 299 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Having read very positive reviews on the Hoang Trinh Hotel, my wife and I booked ahead and were delighted to be collected from the bus station on arrival at Hoi An. As others have reported, we were also welcomed with tea and cakes by smiling, smartly dressed staff who from day one were determined to please. Our double room with a/c was beautifully presented when we arrived and was cleaned daily.

Breakfast was included in the price and we were invited to select from the many restaurant menu options and order as much as we wanted. The fullest breakfasts that we had ever enjoyed whilst travelling.

We were also unexpectedly given 'treats' during the day - fruit smoothies or cakes.

We stayed for five days and enjoyed every minute of the hotel and Hoi An. The Hoang Trinh is in a quiet location with easy access to the old town which is a fascinating place to explore. The beach is a flat 4 km interesting cycle ride away and worth the effort - pay 5000 dong to 'park' the bike securely for the day in the parking area just before you reach the beach. Bikes can be rented for $1 a day just up the main road from the hotel.

The warmth of the hotel staff made our stay in Hoi An extremely pleasant. When we finally had to take our leave we were kindly presented with gifts of a tie and scarf as a reminder of our visit.

The Hoang Trinh ranks as one of the best budget hotels that we have stayed in during a nine week tour of SE Asia. We thoroughly recommend it and look forward to one day returning ourselves.

1  Thank Sailboatowner

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed in Hoang Trinh for 3 nights paying $22 per night split between two of us. The room has comfortable beds, ensure bathroom, hot water, minibar, tv as well as wifi and internet access.

We were picked up from our bus for free and greeted lovingly with tea and cakes. We were also told our room would be ready at 8 and to our surprise it was done at 8 - very unusual from my experience so far in Asia.

The room included breakfast and it did not disappoint, we were able to pick anything of the menu and as much as we liked - and it came with a complimentary plate of fruit. The staff were always so friendly and even cut us fruit and made us drinks when we were just hanging about in the foyer.

Although our room was situated next to what seemed to be the laundry room and the air con was not the greatest - I loved my stay here and would definitely come back to stay!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed at the Hoang Trinh last year and returned this year for another three night stay. It's a great place to stay. I got a warm welcome from Madame Anh, the owner, and Suong, the receptionist and had a lovely room on the second floor. Lien, the second receptionist was also very friendly and helpful as were all the staff. The breakfast room overlooks a temple across the road and you can ask for hot water for tea and coffee. One day I came back from breakfast to find my room made up and the thermos already full of hot water for me (I asked for it a lot!). This place is not a five star hotel but it's comfortable, friendly and full of personal touches to make it feel like home. I didn't want to leave and hope to return again some day... On top of all this, it's a bargain, I paid USD18 for a room with a big double bed, large bathroom and breakfast included. It's a 5-10 minute walk into the centre and the hotel can arrange pickup from airport/train station for USD14.

Room Tip: Ask to see several rooms (if more than one is available, they are VERY busy so it's best to book...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank lozzzzie
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Madam An and the receptionist would give you a warm welcome with tea and cookies. They are very pleasant and helpful. Room has everything you need with hair dryer and umbrellas too. Generous breakfast. Walking distance to the riverside. Highly recommended.

1  Thank SCTan2010
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I made a reservation to stay at this hotel 6 weeks before travelling. They responsed saying my room was reserved. The bus I was on broke down en route to Hoi An, and I was 2 hours late arriving at 1pm instead of 11am. The hotel cancelled my reservation during this period, and filled my room. They were not very apologetic, and did not help me to find a new hotel for my stay in Hoi An.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ajm28
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Arrive to tea and macaroons, get a room with a great beds, perfect amenities, even a sewing kit, toiletries and a thermos of hat water to brew the teas and coffee provided. Anticipating rain? They do, bringing umbrellas to the room. Enter the beautiful lobby after a day of trekking and the charming hostesses will have a fruit shake and tea at the ready. The breakfast? Like the Ha Van, choices, choices, including a huge ham and cheese omelette or any other of the many choices that always include a plate of fresh fruit.

We are leaving for Nha Trang in just a few minutes, so my wife went to pay the bill and returned with 2 "thank you" gifts, a ties and a scarf. I cannot say if that is the standard but it is consistent with all the rest. Why am i leaving....we should just move in.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed here for six night with my boyfriend.... didn't want to leave! When we arrived we were greeted with a cup of tea and some delicious coconut cakes. Then we were shown to our room... which was amazing. They'd laid out towels in the shapes of swans for us! After 5 months of 'slumming it' through out Asia, Hoang Trinh hotel was a breath of fresh air. Our room (which included a massive double bed and a single bed) was cleaned every day and we were provided with new towels every day. The shower was really powerful and always had hot water (they turn the water pump off at night because it's pretty noisy, so it's impossible to have a decent shower between 11pm and 7am). The breakfast is included and lovely, you are provided with a plate of fresh fruit every morning that's free of charge.
The staff are really what made our experience... they were all lovely and very welcoming. We were given fresh fruit smoothies (free of charge) every day. The staff learnt our names and were always interested in what we were doing, and if they could help. We even received a little gift when we left!
One of the best places we've stayed! Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The wifi was a bit unreliable in our room, on the 3rd floor. However, it was perfect on the 2nd floo...