“good food at good prices.”
Review of Light Candle - CLOSED

Light Candle
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Light candle is only open for breakfast and lunch. The owner then goes to cook dinner at her other restaurant "Tiem An Dung" for dinner. (near the lantern night market over the bridge)
Madam is very proud of her cooking and if not busy will give you a cooking lesson. Food is fresh, well priced and cooked with love. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

It has been two years since I ate here and I still have dreams about this food. We walked up when the power was off and the owner said she would still cook for us. We were the only ones there and we had a great time with her! She is one of the nicest people we met in Vietnam, and that really does say a lot. And on top of that she is also an AMAZING cook. We got spring rolls, papaya salad, and some noodles and literally ordered a second order of all three dishes. If you don't go to this restaurant you are seriously missing out. I would do terrible things in order to eat this meal again.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

I understand people who where saying that the woman is nice but I don't understand people who are saying that they got their best food in Vietnam.... I t was really simple, no so tasty and no so cheap ! we had some spring rolls, ginger chicken, and shrimps... You eat in a street which not so nice..our worst restaurant in Hoi An!
compare to that we went in Dao Tien restaurant, amazing food and service, 30% more expensive but nothing to compare !!!

Reviewed January 2, 2011

If you are staying in Hoi An make the trip to the Light Candle cafe. You are welcomed with open arms and the food is to die for. Try the green papaya salad and the light candle spring rolls. I went back again this year and although I was staying in another part of town it was worth the trip to see them again. They looked after us like family. Many tears flowed when we left on our last night. It is Cat

Reviewed December 6, 2010

A hidden gem in Hoi An with the most delicious food as well as an incredibly charming, warm and delightful owner/chef. Do yourself a favour and come and enjoy amazing Vietnamese food (especially the Cao Lau and fried spring rolls) and wonderful hospitality. Whilst it is not expensive, it was one of the most treasured meals and experiences of our trip.