“Reasonable price, OK stay.”
Review of An Hoi Hotel

An Hoi Hotel
Ranked #124 of 158 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff helped me with all questions and were kind enough to let me change room as I wanted something with more natural light

The room was clean however it wasnt the biggest but it was definately adequte for the price.

I stayed here for 5 days while I was travelling the city. Not the best but not the worst.

Would recommend to stay if you are on budget.

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for An Hoi Hotel

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I am sick of reading reviews of people who just complain about minor things! This is a 2star hotel in a great location with helpful staff & nice clean rooms! I have been to Viet nam many times now & i know value for money! This hotel is just that!
I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Good points

-Helpful staff. My room was on the ground floor with limited natural sunlight as the window looked on to a wall which turned out to be the side of the swimming pool. I was also right next to the filter which was very loud. I knew the noise would keep me awake so I requested another room. They showed me two other rooms and I chose one.

-Breakfast was included. The dining area is at the front of the hotel on the first floor overlooking g the river. A really pretty spot to have breakfast or just relax.

-Location. Located right on the river, just a 5 min walk from the bridge into the old city. Also very near the (small) night market.

-Wifi. Free wifi available throughout. decent signal.

-Swimming pool

Bad points
-The towels and sheets all seem very old and should probably all be changed. All very threadbare with holes and stains.
-Every morning I was woken around 7am by the staff talking very loudly in the corridor.
-My room smelt musty/mouldy

This is an OK hotel which could be 4 star with a bit more attention to detail. I had a large room which cost $18/night, quite a lot as I was Travelling alone but not bad if you are sharing.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the city center. I rented a bike for one dollar and enjoyed the exercise going back and forth to the beach only 5k away. The room is adequate, but the Tv didn't work and there was a cockroach. My room was right next to the front entrance and the noise was pretty loud though I fell asleep fine.

Mostly I was disappointed with the service. The front desk guy kept pushing sales, things to buy, wanting to make a commission on sending people or his friends? I told him nonono and explained several times I don't need or want anything. It was also annoying that the front desk lady said the only way to get to danang airport is by private car 15$. Later a front desk guy claimed to book a city bus ticket for me for 5$ and when I came back in a few hours he said it was "all full" and I can only take a 15$ private car. It sounded bogus so I went to a tour office in town and they booked me a minivan right away no problems for 5$. These kinds of scams are more common than telling the truth so I can't say this hotel is a special bad case. Just if you go here don't believe what they say and get a lot of advice from other places before agreeing to anything.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was running a bit late in booking an accommodation in Hoi An. However I followed the Lonely Planet and found this hotel in there. My previous hotel booked it for me as another one was already full booked. I got a room upstairs on the second floor right at the back with a window. This room looks alright, but it caused some trouble. The air-con wasn’t working, so having a proper sleep was quite difficult unless I cranked up the fan which was there as well but it still was very hot. Was that installed as a substitute for the not working air-con? Anyway, the bathroom was quite small and I could have had the shower right on the toilet. Somehow were the tab differently, the shower tab was ok (cold and warm) but the one on the sink was the opposite way and I almost burned my hands as the water was so unbelievable hot. One morning there was hot water dripping down from the boiler or what it was which I noticed once a drop hit me But this was an on and off kind of thing. I also had some company in my room, those little geckos, some were quite huge and ugly looking and others were quite small. The staff is ok and they doing their best however I got the impression that they are quite stingy. This was the first hotel where I couldn’t print out a piece of paper nor did they refuse to book the next accommodation for me without paying 2.5USD each minute. In addition was it impossible to pay by VISA card, so I had to withdraw cash. Also they made me feel quite uncomfortable because I didn’t go to one particular shop to get clothes made… The breakfast was scanty and quite fatty (I had a pancake). I wonder what’s wrong with the swimming pool, as I never ever saw someone swimming there but the water looks nice and clean, good to have a swim. $20 for such a room was not value for money.
If you stay in Hoi An, go to the beach, it's great. Might better hire a bike as it seems to be more than 4km...

Happy travels :)

Room Tip: I stayed in #306
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Booking a hotel, sight unseen, is a gamble. But staying at Hotel An Hoi paid off. Stayed in the room 310. Larger than my bedroom back home, extremely clean and well turned out. What's more, it right across the old historic town. Just 5 minutes away. Stay there if you want to be near the old town.

Room Tip: Get the room 310. it's at the back with a view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed 3 nights, myself and two girlfriends. Had a large double bed and a single, room very big, large bathroom and our room was on the first floor, doors opened onto balcony over looking the pool. We utilised pool every day, only negative was not enough space really for sitting, 4 deck chairs only but not bother us.
Great location to shops and staff very friendly and helpful re where to visit etc. Bed and pillows very hard, but think that seems to be the norm in everywhere we stayed in Vietnam. Hired a bike for the day easy ride to the beach, got lost on way back but locals very friendly and soon arrived back in shopping area. Night market a rip off so don't panic if you don't go. Found a neat place called Enjoys, same side as hotel, passed the bridge, amazing ice creams, great coffee(we didn't like coffee over there) and had dinner upstairs one night very good.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with balcony and over looking the pool on the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends