Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast
White Hart Inn(Salisbury)
$260
$225
Hotels.com
BW Premier Collection The Litchfield Inn(Litchfield)(Great Value!)
$114
$110
Agoda.com
Red Carpet Inn(New Milford)
$69
Travelocity
The Rocky River Inn(New Milford)(Great Value!)
$69
Roosevelt Inn(Hyde Park)
$115
$95
All reviewsb brail trailwrap around porchhilltop housebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswashington roomprivate bathroom was beautifully decoratedgreat getawayother guestsperfect staysitting areaair conditioningfirst floortwo nightslinens
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2010

My husband is a Vietnam Veteran and as a special for Veterans Day, the Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast gave us a complimentary room for the holiday which was an extremely nice thing for them to do. My husband has mentioned many times over the years about how badly Vietnam Vets were treated. This act of kindness meant very much to him and I. We cannot thank Sandy and her husband West enough.

We checked in on 11-10-2010 and found the home to be beautifully done. We were given a kingsized bedroom in the front corner of the home on the second floor. This was the "Rose Room" and as the name implies, was done tastefully in roses. It was soooo comfortable and quiet. We went out for dinner returning around 8:30 and I couldn't wait to jump into that bed and was asleep before 9.

In the morning after a delightful night's sleep, Sandy the owner made us a sumptuous breakfast! We really didn't want to leave but had Veterans Day events to attend to and work to go to the next day.

Once again I'd like to extend our very sincere "thank you" to Sandy And West not only for the complimentary room and breakfast for Veterans Day but also for being the nicest Hostess we have ever had. We recommend the Hilltop House B&B to anyone looking to stay in the Mid Hudson Valley.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
brwnykween, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Jovi, I'm glad you and Steve and Erik had such a nice stay here. I was really happy to be able to do something for one of our great veterans and his family!

Reviewed November 17, 2010

The place is very quite, clean and the attention of Sandy is 5 stars. I recommend this place 100%. I spent one night with my parents in a large room with a queen bed and small bed, all comfortable enough for three people. The bathroom is brand new and impeccable.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed November 12, 2010

This was our first time staying at a bed and breakfast. I've wanted to try one for many years but my wife was always a little afraid to stay in 'someone else's home". Well, Sandy has made a believer out of myself, my wife and my 5 year old son who wanted us to leave him there to live the rest of his life!
The house is beautiful in that special way that only a loved, well taken care of antique home can be. My wife went to bed early thinking she'd have trouble sleeping but passed out until morning! I stayed in the living room until around 9:30 with my son relishing the atmosphere which was very relaxing and comfortable while watching TV. Retiring to the bedroom we also went to sleep very quickly and got a full nights sleep, awakening to mountain views out of our windows.
Breakfast in the morning was extremely good. Sandy enjoy's cooking and it tell's! Baked apple's with banana and coconut , applesauce pancakes, bacon, coffee and juice was enough to start our Veterans Day holiday on a spectacular note!
To make this review short and sweet I guess I could have just said "we loved it, thank you Sandy"

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hilltop while he was auto racing at nearby Limerock track. Our room (George Washington) was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. Sandi was a wonderful host and breakfasts were awesome! it is a great location for biking and walking along the railroad trail as well as exploring the nearby wine trail. We look forward to returning again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

This was not our first time to the area, but it was the first time for us at Hilltop House. We come up from LI on a frequent basis because my husband drives on a private racetrack nearby. This weekend was not only a track event but parent's weekend at a nearby prep school - so all of our typical places were full. My husband found Hilltop searching the web and we will very lucky to be able to book a last minute cancellation. The owner was very accommodating over the phone and we were even able, after the initial booking to extend our stay one more night. We arrived after a long drive and we were delighted! The house is beautiful and recently renovated and beautifully decorated. We had a corner room with a private bath. The room had it's own heat control and the windows had a great window treatments with light darkening shades. The bed was new and the covers and blankets thick and luxurious. The bath was beautifully decorated and had a small lamp on the vanity- a charming touch and also a nice night light. Because my husband gets up at dawn to go to the track - I spend most of the mornings at where I am staying at the inn or b&b. Some places are not very flexible at serving or holding breakfast a bit later and are anxious to clean the room right away. At Hilltop, Sandy the owner was perfectly gracious at letting me work on my own time schedule. She served me late breakfast with a gracious smile and even took time out to keep me company and have a charming conversation with me while I ate ... which I encouraged! Hilltop is on the top of my list for one of the nicest places we've stayed - and is unique in that it is one of the few that asked for feedback, a questionnaire in the room and personally by the owner.My impression is that they are anxious to make sure that you enjoyed the stay and are really focused on keeping their place meeting their guests' needs. I look forward to the next visit!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple