WINNER WONDERLAND

“Home away from home....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast

Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Amenia B&B and Inns
“Home away from home....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This B&B is located in a quiet residential neighborhood just up the hill from town. The innkeeper, Sandy, keeps it impeccable and stands ready to accommodate every need. Breakfast is served at her dining table and depending on what time you arrive to the table...well you just never know who you might meet. If dining in privacy is a preference that will also be arranged. All the food is homemade and served convenient to your timeline... But be true to your timeline because gettin it fresh off the griddle is worth the effort. Sandy also does not hover so I feel I'm coming and going from my own home. Speaking of home... The rooms are well appointed, the front entrance leads to a warm cozy living room with television, magazines and snacks. Close to the boarding schools and fabulous little towns.... It's a definite!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Edenrox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Planning for a business trip to the area, my husband chose this B&B as a belated birthday present . . . and it was perfect in every respect. The hosts, Sandy and West, were warm, welcoming, and charming without being intrusive (which is a delicate line they mastered), and helpful in finding restaurants and providing information about the area.

The home was comfortable, and Sandy's full breakfast provided nutrition to last till suppertime! We didn't want to leave, and hope we can return soon. We will tell all our friends about this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Cottage Room which was perfect for us on this trip.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MJSWood
Larchmont, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night after cycling over 40 miles in the beautiful surrounding area. . . Sandy is a very friendly and hospitable host---and a good cook!. . the house is beautiful, the rooms clean, (very nice shower in our "Cottage" room), the bed very comfortable. . . met some other guests at breakfast who were very nice---great all around experience. . recommend. . .

Room Tip: If you can get the "Washington" room, I think it would be the quietest, as it faces the ba...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank s_chat1
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Our last weekend trip of the summer brought us to a BMW event at Lyme Rock, CT. We stayed for 2 nights in this most charming and comfortable B&B.... beautiful surroundings in the quaint little town of Amenia, New York. Lovely rooms, awesome big front porch. Thank you Sandy your delicious breakfasts and for making our stay relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Queen Room is lovely
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Larrilyn B
Noank
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

My sister and I took a family trip to Amenia and how lucky we were to stay at the Hilltop House. After climbing up the big hill,we were so excited to see a gorgeous home with a big porch. Our room was beautifully decorated..our hosts so friendly. I wish we had more than one night..the house was so relaxing..the porch inviting and a sumptuous breakfast made our stay complete!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NoankStarr
HilltopHouseAmenia, Owner at Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review! We love it when our guests leave happy!
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

I just spent an evening at The Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast. I stayed in the Rose Room. I loved it. I am not fond of staying in many hotels and haven't stayed in a true Bed and Breakfast since I was a child in England, but I could stay here any time without hesitation or complaint.This was by far the best place I have stayed. I was so pleased and comfortable. I had everything I could possibly need and want...plus more. I was overwhelmed by the beauty, the details and simply marveled at the absolute cleanliness. I must say that the delicious pancakes with lemon zest topped with local maple syrup was divine. I was on the trip for business but felt like I was on vacation. I have already talked to my husband about going back JUST to stay at the B&B. - Thank you Sandy for allowing me to feel so at home in your beautiful home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Karin H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Just a one night stay for my wife and I. Wanted to take the bed home with us, it was that comfortable. Sandy and West were friendly and easy to talk to. We were in the area visiting and were somewhat familiar with what was around, but I have no doubt if we were not that good advice on what to see and do would be available.
We had a large bathroom with a nice shower and sink. The house is remarkable with the wide beam ceiling and wood covered walls on the first floor. Huge fireplace, comfortable seating and wide screen in the living room/reception area. Wi-fi worked great. Dining room with nice built-ins and pocket door. Also a big wrap around deck which can also be used for breakfast (a bit cool for that when we were there). Breakfast was great. Pancakes with a hint of lemon, homemade apple syrup, local sourced maple syrup and sausage, coffee, juice, eggs if you want them, fresh fruit (the pineapple and oranges were really good...everything was, for that matter!). Didn't leave hungry! Able to relax for a bit after breakfast before leaving. Not rushed...Loved the candy as well!!
We were made welcome here. The most relaxing stay we have had anywhere in quite some time. The only thing which would have made it better would be staying two nights instead of one. Thanks Sandy and West ! You made our visit so much better.

Room Tip: Some rooms are en suite, some are not. If this is important for you be advised. Do not hesitate to a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cnypete3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amenia
White Hart Inn
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa
The Cornwall Inn
The Cornwall Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall

Been to Hilltop House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!