Another birthday, another destination. Results could not have been different.
The hotel is quite new, so the general state of maintenance is good. Can´t comment on the pools or pool bar or service since it was a very cold winter. Price is average but they are severely understaffed, resulting in nobody to welcome you and tell you where to go, line at reception desk, no possibilities of early check in or late check out, long waiting at the bar, weak service at dinner, plates piling up in your table at breakfast and etc. Last but not least: swamps of kids everywhere, lots of noise while having breakfast, lunch, tea or dinner and of course it's hard to sleep with so much noise in the corridors and adjacent rooms.
Rooms are good, food is good though expensive, wines and drinks are expensive though not always good. And taxis to the city are expensive too (Ur$ 20, Arg $ 30, U$ 8)
Overall experience: won't be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort. A looking point over the calm beaches and soft breezes of this destination listed as World Heritage Site by Unesco due to its rich history.Nestled in the residential neighbourhood "Real de San Carlos", a peaceful area just 5 minutes from the historic quarter and harbor. Just 45 minutes from Buenos Aires by ferry, or a 2-hour drive from Montevideo, Uruguay´s capital City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Colonia Golf Hotel Colonia Del Sacramento
- Sheraton Colonia Golf And Spa Resort
- Sheraton Colonia Del Sacramento
- Sheraton Colonia Hotel
- Colonia Del Sacramento Sheraton
- Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort Uruguay/Colonia Del Sacramento