We stayed here twice. Once for one night before going to Punta del Estes, where we were scheduled to stay 5 nights. We left Punta after two nights, and returned to the peace and tranquility of Colonia and the Sheraton for our last three days in Uruguay.
The hotel is beautiful, we were upgraded to a two room suite the second stay, which was magnificent.
The front desk staff and bell boys are fantastic, especially Christian.
Great pool area, nice looking golf course, located in a quiet, safe area only three miles from downtown, which is equally as quiet and safe.
The hotel's only fault is a weak, non existent restaurant manager, and there are a number of issues with the restaurant, which could all be easily solved with better management.
If you are visiting Argentina, and want to include Uruguay, as we did by flying in and then hiring a car and driving from Colonia to Montevideo and then Punta, DON'T!
Take the express Buquebus (as opposed to the slow boat) from downtown Buenos Aires (I believe it takes less than an hour) to Colonia. Take a $6 taxi to the Sheraton and spend two, three or four days here, with visits to the old town and it's restaurants and shopping.
We found nothing in Montevideo or Punta that enhanced our trip, spend the extra time in Argentina, which has far more to offer, and leave Punta for the rich upper class from Argentina who are seeking a summer beach vacation in a rental apartment. (Punta is a tired, jaded version of the Ft Lauderdale Spring Break of yesteryear.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort. A looking point over the calm beaches and soft breezes of this destination listed as World Heritage Site by Unesco due to its rich history.Nestled in the residential neighbourhood "Real de San Carlos", a peaceful area just 5 minutes from the historic quarter and harbor. Just 45 minutes from Buenos Aires by ferry, or a 2-hour drive from Montevideo, Uruguay´s capital City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Colonia Golf Hotel Colonia Del Sacramento
- Sheraton Colonia Golf And Spa Resort
- Sheraton Colonia Del Sacramento
- Sheraton Colonia Hotel
- Colonia Del Sacramento Sheraton
- Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort Uruguay/Colonia Del Sacramento