Was concerned about booking my stay here. Traveled with another couple and young teenager and while the hotel ticks a lot of boxes it also misses the mark in a number of areas, keeping it simple So what is bad? Service - staff are generally unwilling to help, let alone smile at you with the exception of the lovely young man looking after the kids club, client services phone operator and the room maids who made up our room. The checking was poor, room was not ready for 1.5hrs after the scheduled check in time - utterly unacceptable for a hotel of this standard. we we awoken by a staff member at 8.30am wanting to check the mini bar, the check-out took nearly 45 minutes, we had to line up behind every other person checking out on the day with only two ladies behind the desk. It was topped off by the fact they tried to charge us for things we hadn't even used, and breakfast's we didnt have and were also included as part of our rate. Dont even attempt to book over the phon, its too hard for them. Everything is charged extra, including the covered in-door pool shown as part of the resort, which is within the sheraton Spa and an additional US$15 to use for the day. Golf green fees are expensive, US$15 for 30balls on the driving range, and antoher $5 to hire a club, yes hire a 5-iron, or 1-wood.
What's good? Location if you have a car, it's really not too far out of town. It's modern, clean and has all modern facilities. Good restaurant, breakfast, outdoor pool area and spa. Great beds, in-room entertainment and strong water pressure shower. Lovely maintained grounds.
I do recommend this hotel because it is overall a nice place and cannot overlook that, and if you have kids and are lucky enough to have nice weather it can be enjoyed to its fullest. Also, Colonia is old and a lot of hotels are older. 1 night during our stay the entire city of colonia had a black-out following an electrical storm on returning to the sheraton, the hotel was the only building with power and electricty, this was greatly reassuring and worth paying to stay here.
Needs more customer friendly and focussed administration staff at front of house, improved check in and out and this place would get all the 5 stars it charges for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort. Our hotel in Colonia Del Sacramento, Uruguay is a looking point over the calm beaches and soft breezes of a destination listed as a World Heritage Site by Unesco, due to its rich history. Nestled in the residential neighbourhood "Real de San Carlos", a peaceful area just 5 minutes from the historic quarter and harbor, our hotel is just 45 minutes from Buenos Aires by ferry, or a 2-hour drive from Montevideo, Uruguay´s capital City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Colonia Golf Hotel Colonia Del Sacramento
- Sheraton Colonia Golf And Spa Resort
- Sheraton Colonia Del Sacramento
- Sheraton Colonia Hotel
- Colonia Del Sacramento Sheraton
- Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort Uruguay/Colonia Del Sacramento