I was here for a meeting.
It is an arduous journey from Montevideo, particularly after the overnight from Miami.
There was no help with luggage and no-one on reception seemed to speak English (I do not expect this BUT it is a Sheraton, and supposed to be 5* and a resort).
The setting is delightful and the hotel lay-out was very pleasant.
I enjoyed the ambiance in the bar, and the bar food was very good. The vegetarian choice for dinner and breakfast in the restaurant was laughable.
For business the room was comfortable, internet (cost extra) worked well, and the business centre was good for printing etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort. A looking point over the calm beaches and soft breezes of this destination listed as World Heritage Site by Unesco due to its rich history.Nestled in the residential neighbourhood "Real de San Carlos", a peaceful area just 5 minutes from the historic quarter and harbor. Just 45 minutes from Buenos Aires by ferry, or a 2-hour drive from Montevideo, Uruguay´s capital City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Colonia Golf Hotel Colonia Del Sacramento
- Sheraton Colonia Golf And Spa Resort
- Sheraton Colonia Del Sacramento
- Sheraton Colonia Hotel
- Colonia Del Sacramento Sheraton
- Sheraton Colonia Golf & Spa Resort Uruguay/Colonia Del Sacramento