After spending more than a week in Buenos Aires and at the Iguazu Falls in Argentina, we took the ferry over to Colonia from B.A. for a few days to unwind a bit. This hotel was perfect for relaxation. We got in late, but were greeted by hotel desk trainee, Rocio, who spoke perfect English and was most helpful throughout our 2 day stay. She's a rising star! Dinner at the Del Carmen restaurant was very good and we enjoyed the Tannat wine which you must have while in Uruguay (and also the "Patricia" beer). After we unpacked, we took a quick tour of the hotel and noted the beautiful outdoor infinity pool, the small fitness room and indoor pool. There was, also, a casino attached to the hotel which got very crowded on bingo night! Our room was fairly large and comfortable, but as we reserved a certain type of room, my husband and I were stuck with 2 Queens instead of one KIng (but it was a minor issue). The breakfast at the Del Carmen was outstanding -- everything from fresh squeezed orange juice to cereal to yogurt to fresh fruit to omelets to sausages, etc. The hotel is on the river so we had a great view of the water while eating breakfast, especially since our room did not face the river. One night, I met the manager as he was leaving the hotel and he was most gracious and welcoming. The location was near to many of the sites in town which was quaint and historic. We certainly enjoyed ourselves at the Radisson and in beautiful Colonia. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Colonia del Sacramento Hotel & Casino is conveniently located by the River Plate, one block from the historic part of the city, declared World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1995.Whether you want to relax and get a good rest or to plan your next business trip, stay in one of our 60 finely European-style decorated rooms. Enjoy our restaurant with panoramic view, a lobby bar, an outdoor swimming pool overlooking the river, two hot baths, a large jetted Jacuzzi tub, last generation Jacuzzi, massage room, a gym, a dry sauna, a play room, outdoor activities, conference rooms and business center. Radisson Colonia del Sacramento Hotel & Casino’s facilities are provided for the purpose of holding events such as conventions, seminars, conferences, business and social events. We boast rooms, catering and conference services tailor made to your event. The casino has 152 slot machines, 6 roulette tables, 4 blackjack tables, 1 Poker Texas Hold'em table, 2 Caribbean Stud Poker tables and 1 baccarat tableFACILITIES• Air Conditioning heat – cold throughout the hotel• Lounge/TV room• High Speed Wireless Internet (WiFi) • Large jetted Jacuzzi tub • Last generation Jacuzzi • Baggage storage• Elevator • Breakfast buffet • 24-hour room service • Outdoor swimming pool overlooking the bay • Solarium • Dry Sauna• Gym• Meeting rooms • Direct access to Casino • Reading room and lounge• Poolside towel service• Business Center ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Carlson, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Hotel Colonia del Sacramento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Colonia Del Sacramento
- Colonia Del Sacramento Radisson
- Radisson Hotel Colonia Del Sacramento Uruguay