“Salud Vineria de Colonia!”

La Vineria de Colonia
More attraction details
Owner description: We closed due to personal problems.We will NOT open back to the public.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Salud Vineria de Colonia!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I'll echo the praise here. We came over to Colonia for a day trip and stopped in around lunchtime so scope La Vineria de Colonia. We weren't up for a wine tasting just yet but the staff were super helpful in recommending restaurants, sights and beaches nearby to get the most out of our day. We returned in the evening a few hours before our ferry was due to depart and enjoyed a wine tasting paired with delicious local cheeses, meats and fruits and yes, the amazing lamb empanadas, in their lovely garden out back. The staff were again so lovely and knowledgable, talking us through the different wines and characteristics of Uruguayan wine.

A great, relaxing way to round of a beautiful day in Colonia!

Visited November 2012
2 Thank misstrickky

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lasting Impression”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

It has been a couple of months since our visit to Colonia, Uruguay and I can not get it out of my mind! The town, both the newer part and the UNESCO historico barrio both have a certain type of authentic charm that has made such an impression on me. We stumbled upon this very charming wine shop while wondering through the streets on our golf cart. Luckily we set up an informal winetasting for later that afternoon and we happily returned to what turned out to be our favorite place, evening and wine on our entire trip to Buenos Aires and Colonia combined! Both the hosts and the shop are lovely and yes charming. We tried 3 wines along with a fruit/cheese plate and then followed up with lamb empanadas. While we went to B.A. with the idea of finding our favorite Malbec, we came home to Chicago having doscovered our favorite wines were a Tannat Reserva 2011 from Bodega boutique ElLegado and Pinot Noir blanc de noir Chardonnay 2011! When opening one of our Tannat Reserva 2011 at one of our dinners at home, my husband remarked "I wonder if the wine will really taste as good as we thought it was in uruguay OR was it the ambiance at La Vineria that convinced us that it was so good?" Well what a gift we had brought home for ourselves- it tasted even better than we had remembered. Wonderful wine choices by the host who really knows his stuff and the best empanadas we have ever had thanks to the hostess! Since we were returning to Buenos Aires, the host even went over some Argentinian wines for us to give a try. We will keep you in our dreams for a possible return back while we wish you continued success in your business!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Anne M
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unforgettable and unique”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

An amazing place with wonderful people and even better wines!!!
I was walking around Colonia when I first saw this lovely door and, looking through it, I saw the most beautiful garden ever! As I couldn't avoid getting in, suddenly this passionate woman, Carolina, asked me if I wanted to take a cata with three uruguayan premium wines, a cheese board and (surprise!) lamb's empanadas!!! Basically, I said yes because it was almost 8 pm and I really loved the courtyard where the tables where. I never expected the amazing experience I was going to have!!! Carolina and her passion, those incredibles wines accompanied by the delicious uruguayan cheese and empanadas where the cause of one of the best experience ever!!!
And it was a wonderful surprise to see how great they are ranking here!!!!
Definitely, you must do it if you are in colonia!!!

Visited November 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent way to spend your Saturday evening!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is an excellent and different way to spend you saturday evening. The owners gather 8 persons together to a wine tasting. It was a very good experience. We tasted 6 different wines and discussed about them. We learnt a lot and it was a pleasant evening.

Don't forget to book it in advance, since only 8 persons are allowed. We paid 100 uruguayan pesos per person. If you are vegetarian, tell the owners when you're booking! Maybe they preparec something for you.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Elizabete T
MartinARG, Owner at La Vineria de Colonia, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you very much for your review!

We are really happy to hear you enjoyed the experience.

I wanted to correct the price for the tasting is 500 Uruguayan Pesos.

And thank you for the tip for the vegetarians, for sure we will have something special for them if they let us know in advance.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon at La Vinería!

Carolina y Martín
Uruguay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent way to spend your Saturday night!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had such an amazing time at their Sat night wine tasting! The table hosts 8 guests plus our wonderful & friendly hosts, Martin & Carolina. We tried 5 wines, 4 Uruguayan and 1 Argentine served along with meat & cheese platters and lamb empanadas. It was a perfect evening! The four of us left with new favorite wines to try and felt like we had made new friends. Martin is very knowledgeable and gives you a background on each wine/bodega along with tasting notes. His wife, Carolina, is just lovely & the most gracious of hosts! Their wine shop has a wonderful selection of wine and great atmosphere. Exactly what you'd hope for... I cannot recommend attending one of their "tastings" highly enough. At only $500 pesos per person, its a steal! Even if you are not in Colonia on a Sat, stop by to have a chat and pick up a bottle or two from their excellent selection of wines. Thanks again for such a pleasant experience!!

Visited September 2012