“Lovely place!”

$179.00*
and up
Private Tour: Colonia del Sacramento Day Trip from Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic section of town takes you back to the 17th and 18th centuries, with an array of interesting museums, an historic lighthouse and Uruguay’s oldest church.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

A beatiful small town, not so many activities but really nice!
Good restaurants everywhere and some museums! I recommend to rent a car to go around! Its faster and very cheap!

There are newer reviews for Barrio Historico

Reviewed January 26, 2014

absolute a topper! people of Colonia are so friendly and this part of the city is very clean, well maintained and quiet.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Well, Tripadvisor gave us good advise to visit the little port town of Colonia del Sacramento.
We mostly stayed in the tourist area but it seems there's a lot more places to visit the city.

We hired a bike and drove across the whole "Barrio Historico" which was very peaceful and well preserved. We wanted to take it through the whole city but quickly ran out of time by admiring the "old" city. I would propose all to hire a bike, or for the most wealthy a mini "golf" car, as most of the scenery can be quickly seen. There are little texts or scripts hanging and explaining the town on it's own so a quick look will be enough.

The only thingy, is that the water over there isn't blue but it has that muddy color, probably coming from the bay and the port of Buenos Aires in which lot of traffic is present. This is a downside but overall a very nice experience !

Also, those tourists thinking that the direct boat from Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento can be mischievous, well it isn't, it is perfectly fine.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This tour may take two or three hours no more, its a beautiful city, very historical, good for taking pictures, and the food is really good, but this is a trip for one day only, so you have to take the morning ferry and buy ticket to come back to BA the same day.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

If you are going to take a day trip to Colonia del Sacremento from Buenos Aires- change you money before you leave Argentina.
When I was there, I did not change money. I went to a restaurant and my I phone (which had an up[ to date conversion schedule) said the exchange rate from Argentine to Uruguay peso was 3.15 to 1. At the restaurant- they charged me 1.7 to 1 and they said that they had the best exchange and the banks charge 1.4 to 1.
I don't mind paying a bit more if I am changing in a place of business- but this is less than half and it sort of spoiled the entire day - and did not make me want to spend any more money.
I don't like being taken advantage of.

1  Thank msinfosd