“Noisy, Noisy, Noisy”

Posada El Capullo
Rio de Janeiro-Brazil
“Noisy, Noisy, Noisy”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The place is set in a perfect place to visit the small but lovely Colonia. The staff I met was VERY friendly and helpful. What bothered me the most was the noise. Even if you are not a light sleeper, like myself, you will have problems to sleep. Some 6 rooms are all facing the street and/or the common areas, like lounge, breakfast room and internet spot. I only managed to go to bed after 11PM, after some guests decided to finish their talking downstairs and woke-up right after 6am with the preparations for breakfast. When I made the reservation the lady told me that they had made "especial arrangements" to reduce noise in the rooms??!! I have no idea what these arrangements were, since I can't believe there could be more noise than that. So here I think the person responsible for the reservation could have been more truthful! The room is also VERY small and you will have problems to open your luggage - I was alone. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms downstairs!!!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ChrisBrazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Falmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed here with our two young children and found El Capullo to be a well run, comfortable hotel with friendly staff. Our stay here was most enjoyable and relaxing and the location is excellent, right in the beautiful old town. We were particularly impressed by the quality and choice available at breakfast and the beautiful garden/pool area. Our stay was great and we would definately recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2011

El Capullo is in a lovely quiet area but still near the centre of Colonia - its great value - clean and stylish but very friendly. A real find. Would definately go back there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo A
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Wonderful hotel - we chose it because of its environmentally friendly profile - something we certainly want to support. But we had much, much more than expected: Great location, good atmosphere, great design and very, very nice staff. Would love to have stayed a lot longer!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This place is a true gem and could not be better located in the heart of the old town.
Great breakfast, lovely garden out the back with a small but very much appreciated swimming pool. Staff and owners are great - very helpful and friendly.
Free use of computers and free wifi too.
One of the best places I have stayed in during all my travels throughout South America.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We loved this place. Staff were really friendly, service was great. We had a gorgeous room, decor is amazing for the price. Beautiful and v convenient location. One of the best places we stayed on our trip. We'd really recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed at El Capullo for two nights in November 2010. I have booked online through their website and gave my Credit Card details to secure the booking. But on my arrival they said, they are fully booked and wanted me to go to another hotel. I denied that, because I have had a confirmed reservation and I didn't want to stay elsewhere. I left my luggage at the reception and went for a sightseeing tour of Colonia. As I returned, they maneged, that another hotel guest changed the hotel and I got my room. This was not very pleasant at all and I would be courios, if el Capullo would have charged my Credit Card for a no show, if I didn't have arrived, even if they didn't kept a room for me.
The hotel itself is nice and good value. Central located, clean and modern. Nice breakfast buffet, free internet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo