The place is set in a perfect place to visit the small but lovely Colonia. The staff I met was VERY friendly and helpful. What bothered me the most was the noise. Even if you are not a light sleeper, like myself, you will have problems to sleep. Some 6 rooms are all facing the street and/or the common areas, like lounge, breakfast room and internet spot. I only managed to go to bed after 11PM, after some guests decided to finish their talking downstairs and woke-up right after 6am with the preparations for breakfast. When I made the reservation the lady told me that they had made "especial arrangements" to reduce noise in the rooms??!! I have no idea what these arrangements were, since I can't believe there could be more noise than that. So here I think the person responsible for the reservation could have been more truthful! The room is also VERY small and you will have problems to open your luggage - I was alone. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 19th-century house recently converted into a stunning, modern hotel located in the heart of the historical district. Magnificent garden and pool area make it ideal for both couples and families. Thirteen rooms and a brand new loft apartment all with A/C, LCD TVs, cable and WIFI. Services include buffet breakfast, pool, BBQ, garage, computer & TV lounge and wood fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Posada El Capullo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Capullo Hotel Colonia Del Sacramento
- Posada El Capullo Uruguay/Colonia Del Sacramento