We stayed at Finca Piedra at the tail end of an 8 week trip in South America. We expected to have 3 wonderfully relaxing days on the beach before coming here and originally only planned to stay 1 night. However, our days in Punta del Este were cold and wet and our hotel there was horrible so when the sun came out at the Finca and we were greeted with warmth, hospitality, and excellent food & wine we decided to stay a 2nd night. Our room was in the main building and while simple, it was large enough and clean. The dining area is large. There is a small lounge area in the main building. The pool area is lovely with sun and shade seating and very inviting. There are numerous walking paths to get some exercise and the horseback riding and tour of the grounds with introduction to the animals were both fun. This location is great for folks of all ages, and for familites as well as for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Expanding over 1000 hectares in Mahoma hills, Finca Piedra reveals the authentic Uruguayan country life with the sophisticated European style. It is located only 125 km from Montevideo (with direct access by bus) and 110 km from Colonia. Its convenient location allows access from Buenos Aires in just two and a half hours. Finca Piedra offers comfortable rooms with en suite bathrooms, decorated in traditional style and set according to the building where they are located. Wi-fi access is available free of charge in all of the common areas of the estancia. Our Franco-Uruguayan kitchen team prepares delicious meals boasting the best flavors from both cultures. Our homemade wines harmoniously complete your meal. We also cater separate menus for diabetics, vegetarians, gluten-free or other special diets (with advance notice). At Finca Piedra we offer a wide variety of free and guided activities so everybody can enjoy each moment at their own pace. Whether on horseback, carriage, walking or biking, you will marvel at the surrounding natural landscapes: the Mahoma hills natural reserve, our 20 hectares of vineyards, La Coronilla stream and the "lakes". You'll be able to observe the rich bird life and flora during these outings. We also offer special activities for children such as participating in the milking of the cow, tours of our animal farm, a games room with amenities such as a ping-pong table, foosball, a pool table and a trampoline, a bocce ball court, a volleyball court, a football field, a racquetball court and of course our outside pool with vineyard views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Estancia Finca Piedra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Estancia Finca Piedra Hotel Colonia Del Sacramento
- Estancia Finca Piedra Uruguay/Colonia Del Sacramento