“Fantastic food , romantic ambience, very friendly host and staff”

La Casa de Jorge Paez Vilaro - Gallery & Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My friends live close by and we were lucky enough to be introduced to the owner and his staff, and view his Father's works of art that are shown throughout the restaurant, we also dined there a few times.
It is certainly a must to visit, especally his strawberries in cognac.

1  Thank Caz V
There are newer reviews for La Casa de Jorge Paez Vilaro - Gallery & Restaurant

Reviewed January 16, 2012

The place is located at the heart of Colonia's Barrio Historico and is an old iberic colonial styled, stone built house. That along with the art pieces and rustic wooden furniture create a great atmosphere for a pleasant meal.

I had the sword fish cooked with honey with a siding of condimented onions (about 15 USD) and it was marvelous. My fiancée had the 4 cheese Sorrentini pasta (about 12 USD) and I had a taste of her dish and it was also neat. I don't know if the ambience helped but I definetely enjoyed my meal there more than any meals I had in Buenos Aires (3 hour boat ride across the river).

It's definitely worth it to go to this restaurant, even it's just to have a glass of wine (or cold beer, if you go in January as I did) and enjoy the place before exploring the rest of the Barrio Historico.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Definitely a place to eat seafood in colonia. The host is a very interesting person and the place is great overall.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

We had a short stop in Colonia del Sacramento and decided to go into such a small restaurant. The ambiente is great, full of arts. The prices are high, but I guess thats normal for such a small and good restaurant in the "ciudad vieja" in Colonia, which is more or less a tourist spot! We had a swordfish and a chicken-filet and it was great! We can totally recommend it!

Reviewed February 19, 2011

After a really bad experience in another place, we find this gem in the "barrio antiguo". "La Casa de Jorge Páez Vilaró", it's a wonderful place, filled with history, exquisite art and tasty fine food. The ambient was relaxing like the music (a mix of Jazz, Bossa and some Chillout). The owner is a great man, he is son of the famous artist Jorge Páez Vilaró (the place have a lot of his paintings) was really kind with us paying attention of all the details to make the best for all the visitors inside and outside the place. The service was really kind too, excellent attention.
There are no words to describe the tasty food! It was hard to decide what to eat! Lot of diferent kinds of refined dishes, from seafood till pasta.
The cost was ok for the place, food and service. We really recommend it, obviously we'll back in the future. It's hard to believe that some people wrote bad reviews of this place...
Our congratulations for the owner and his team!