It's a nice enough property in a relaxing setting but I felt it wasn't on the FS level due to service and ambiance. It's a beautiful setting but also remote so it would have been nice to organise events at the hotels so guests could relax and not stress out about planning things. Perhaps golfers would enjoy it more but we felt a bit bored.
I did like visiting the farm with kids and there is an quaint, very atmospheric restaurant "Narbona" nearby we ended up eating several times at - this I do recommend very much, it was outstanding.
Took a little plane to BA from a nearby village airport - very handy and fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently gold-listed as Uruguay's top resort, we offer 20 bungalows and 24 bi-level luxury suites. Located 30 minutes by plane from Buenos Aires or 2 hours by boat. Enjoy world-class golf, wine-inspired spa treatments, and dedicated service during your stay in Carmelo, Uruguay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone and Cancelon so you can book your Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection by Hyatt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Carmelo
- Four Seasons Resort Carmelo Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Carmelo
- Carmelo Four Seasons
- Carmelo Resort & Spa, The Unbound Collection By Hyatt Uruguay