1,096 results
All reviews bi level suite buenos aires the river horseback riding beautiful pool beautiful property off season south america late checkout wine tasting dulce de leche bungalow forest pine concierge ferry tennis
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Four Seasons Carmelo is breathtaking. It had a very different feel than the other Four Seasons brand hotels that we have been to, but still the same level of luxury. The resort was situated in a woods-y forest-y part of Uruguay and right by the river. It is a Balinese style resort with an Uruguayan landscape backdrop and just amazing. Our bungalow had views of the forest and even an outdoor shower.

Our time in Uruguay was spent golfing, hanging out by the pool, visiting vineyards, biking the countryside and just relaxing. When the sun was not as strong we rented some bikes from the resort and rode to a local winery to take pictures. The countryside was quite picturesque and it was an unforgettable experience biking and exploring Uruguay that way.

I definitely recommend this resort if you want something a bit off the beaten path. The service is not to the level of other Four Seasons that I have visited, but if they can improve on that it will definitely be a five star option.

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed for four nights after B.A. and it offered a nice change of scenery. The resort itself is about 11 years old and in need of some updating. Our shower for example had numerous lose tiles and the curtains are a bit frayed on the edges. A previous review also mentioned the wooden walkways which need repair. On the plus side the resort has a very nice pool area and a nice spa. I would have to say the highlight is in the people that w Orkney there. Claudia, Horatio, Carla, and many others try awfully hard to please and they do a very nice job. Restaurant food quality is also quite good and when you ask for medium rare that is what you get (in contrast to some restaurants we visited). All in all a very reasonably priced resort in a somewhat remote area.

I should mention the in room wi fi signal is weak and could be improved. We would come back.

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed with the four seasons in Carmello for New Years Eve. We had 3 bungalows for 4 nights at a rate of $915.00 per room per night. We take a trip every year around this time and always try to stay at the best property in the area. Arriving New Years Eve started what continued to be a very disappointing stay. New Years Eve was awful the events that we were emailed about didn't even happen, the hotel used the excused of weather for the first of many times for canceling the festivities. Then when we sat down to dinner we had two vegetarians and yet there was no option but the meat food choices. When we asked if they had anything else for vegetarians they simply responded that this was the only option. Then they proceeded to charge us for all 6 people, and no entertainment was provided not fireworks, hats, or a countdown. This was by far the worst hotel New Years we have had ever and at the four seasons none the less. As for as the rest of the stay was concerned we heard from multiple employees that they were understaffed because of the holiday and apologized for the delay. I appreciate the apology but how can you charge a rate of almost a thousand dollars a night but yet be understaffed. Every time we asked the concierge about dinner they constantly screwed it up. We wanted to do the sun set boat cruise one night when the concierge informed us that the weather made it impossible, which it was nothing but sunny and no wind, later another concierge informed us that the boat was actually broken. As the nights proceeded it got worse and worse, we asked to do the Narabona wine tasting the concierge said no problem when we called to confirm the reservation and they informed us that another group actually booked it and we lost our reservation. Then she recommended we try rio bar (the restaurant by the pool) then she informed us that the restaurant was closed due to weather, how is a restaurant indoors closed for weather? Later a waiter informed us that there were not enough employees to actually open the restaurant. The best part of our trip to Carmelo was outside the hotel. I don't understand how a five star hotel charging the money we were charged while also spending the money we spent can have all of these issues, which is a small sample of what happened over four days.

Date of stay: January 2013
4  Thank Jordan Z
FSCarmeloManager, General Manager at Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection by Hyatt, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Jordan Z,
I do apologize that your New Years’ experience fell so short of your expectations. It was a shame that you could not enjoy the entertainment and cuisine provided, and we do take your comments to heart and will improve based upon them. We would be happy to have you back to regain your confidence in our Resort and provide you with a Four Seasons experience that many others have enjoyed. I remain at your disposition, and again, I truly thank you for your comments.
Mark
Mark Bingle
Resort Manager

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed in Carmelo having arrived from London to meet my best friend who had flown from New York. We took the car-ferry-car option to get to the Four Seasons and it was an easy trip even after long flights. The property is lovely and our cabin in the woods was so tastefully decorated. we only had two nights and one day which was enough time to relax, enjoy the spa and delicious meals - another night would have been ideal.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed four nights in the Resort in order to celebrate my birthday. Excellent accomodations, superb attention from staff, fine foood. I also took the opportunity to visit two wyneries very close by. Narbona Winery has inclusive a restaurant where i had three luncheons in a row.

Date of stay: March 2013