Posada CampoTinto(Carmelo)
$150
$120
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

Casa Chic(Carmelo)
$200
$112
$95
Ah'lo Carmelo Posada Boutique(Carmelo)(Great Value!)
$75
$100
  • Room Service
$111
$104
Chalet del Buen Vivir(Carmelo)(Great Value!)
$72
$58
$260
1,070 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerbi level suitebuenos airesthe riverhorseback ridingeucalyptus forestbeautiful propertyoff seasonlate checkoutsouth americabeautiful poolwine tastingrio de la platafire pitbungalowwinerypine
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed in Carmelo having arrived from London to meet my best friend who had flown from New York. We took the car-ferry-car option to get to the Four Seasons and it was an easy trip even after long flights. The property is lovely and our cabin in the woods was so tastefully decorated. we only had two nights and one day which was enough time to relax, enjoy the spa and delicious meals - another night would have been ideal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed four nights in the Resort in order to celebrate my birthday. Excellent accomodations, superb attention from staff, fine foood. I also took the opportunity to visit two wyneries very close by. Narbona Winery has inclusive a restaurant where i had three luncheons in a row.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was debating heading over the Carmelo, as I really came to see all that is Buenos Aires, but I was really happy I did.
After a 24 hour flight from Chicago, I took a taxi to a ferry, to a car to the Resort.
There are most likely easier ways to get there, but the Bucquebus ferry was a good option, and the hotel had a van transfer that was very affordable, and comfortable, that picked me up in Colonia for the hour drive to the resort.
I actually gave me a chance to see the countryside along the way.
Arrival at the Resort was like I was the only one there. They were so nice.
I received an awesome two story suite, with a ton of wood and stone, a terrace, a great window seat overlooking the river and pool.
Internet was reliable, and my favorite things were the stone shower and illy cafe espresso machine.

Service was great, especially the dinner in Pura. My steak was perfect and the Uruguayan wine was excellent. Everyone spoke at least some english, if not fluent, and if they didn't, they really tried. Shame on me for not trying more Spanish. My year in college failed me.

Ok, I know this is all positive, but I can't think of one bad things to say, it's the Four Seasons.

There is a really nice winery with a great restaurant that a lot of guests go to, as it's fairly close.
I went, and had a great time.

If you go, take some bike rides. One of the managers suggested a route behind the resort that was a really great trek by the River. There is also a secret pizza restaurant by the boat dock, that closed when I went by, but I saw the wood for the oven, and the place looked very pleasant.

One note, most people don't go in the river water, but there is a sand beach.
The main pool is very nice, but I actually loved the indoor pool in the spa area.
The sauna was great was well. Note: There is water in the relaxation lounge in the locker room, but they should put some by the sauna. Would be nice touch.

I guess a lot of their guests come from Buenos Aires for the weekend, but I would highly recommend doing both the city and country. Go during the week, and you can have some great wine, ride a horse, play some tennis, and just chill out before or after the big city, with some privacy. I will be back!

Room Tip: I had I bi level suite which was close to everything, including the pool and spa. There are stairs, but there is a half bath on the ground level. The bungalows look amazing and they are scattered all of the grounds, like a lodge.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Four Seasons in Carmelo and wished that I had a few more days to spend there. The setting is a wooded area near a river. Although there were many others staying at the resort, there was a peacefulness that surrounded the place.

The FS provides bug spray by the pool and near the front door. I didn't realize how many mosquito bites I was getting around the ankles....I wish I had taken their subtle hint and used some.

The staff were very accommodating in arranging activities. They made it easy, provided transportation, and followed-up to ensure that we were pleased with the service.

Room Tip: The bi-level suites have ample room for two people and a gorgeous bathroom. I never seemed to have time to use the humongous bathtub.....another reason to go back.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We (my wife and 6-year old son) traveled to the Four Seasons Carmelo over the Christmas holidays. We had a wonderful stay, and it was everything I expect from a Four Season's resort (most recently stayed at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai). The rooms were spacious and lovely. Loved the outdoor shower and how the landscaping was well-matched to the surroundings. Service by the pool was outstanding and we loved the selections of local wines. A highlight was the managers cocktail party, and we really enjoyed the other guests. My son adored the kids club and was very sad to say goodbye to everyone.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone interested in travelling to South America and Buenos Aires in particular (just a ferry ride away).

P.S. The previous comment that the walkways are dangerous seems very over the top to me. Even our 6 year old had no trouble getting around.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family