We spent four nights at the Four Seasons in Carmelo for my 40th birthday and I can safely say it was worth every cent. We decided to go for a studio which had views over the river.
We stayed in March so the resort was quiet. By arrangement the resort also served us a private dinner in our villa for my birthday without charge! When we arrived I had an issue with the softness of the bed and asked for a replacement. Within minutes the staff were there with a different mattress. It was still too soft for me so we went back to the original mattress. There were no complaints and the bed was remade again as new.
We also got a great rate. I think it was the fourth night free but the nightly rate still worked out to over $350 USD. I like luxury but am not used to paying that much. I could get used to it though after experience the great service of the resort. The service is especially noticeable during breakfast. We had salmon each morning with 4-5 lattes. Our waiter was superb and chatted with us each day in both perfect english and spanish.
The pool is beautiful in the resort and perfect for sitting around to read a book. Most of the time we felt like the resort was ours.
One thing I would say is that the extra tours (winery, gacho riding) aren't really worth the money. Everything else about this resort though it well worth it.
I have also lived in Uruguay for the last 3 years and can without a doubt say that this is the best hotel / resort in the country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently gold-listed as Uruguay's top resort, we offer 20 bungalows and 24 bi-level luxury suites. Located 30 minutes by plane from Buenos Aires or 2 hours by boat. Enjoy world-class golf, wine-inspired spa treatments, and dedicated service during your stay in Carmelo, Uruguay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection by Hyatt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Carmelo
- Four Seasons Resort Carmelo Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Carmelo
- Carmelo Four Seasons
- Carmelo Resort & Spa, The Unbound Collection By Hyatt Uruguay