“Clean good location bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tulip Inn Sharjah

Tulip Inn Sharjah
Ranked #60 of 79 Hotels in Sharjah
Tripoli
“Clean good location bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

Don't count on room service or housekeeping. Towels and kitchenware took two days to arrive. Bath lamp was never fixed. Clean. Located near mega mall good place to hang with kids zone and cinema.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Luckybas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Turkish first
dubai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

We visited this hotel on a 5 day trip to UAE. We got our bookings done through hotelclub.com. We got an awesome and we were very happy. Until....we got to the the hotel. It was 12 mid night when we got there, and due to a middle agent, in stead of a 2 BR suite, they had reserved a studio for us. Now once we produced the valid voucher, they said that "we will not honor that voucher. We can only believe the voucher we have from OUR travel agent". So the manager made me call the general manager of Tulip Inn. I spoke to him and he said he understood my problem....but then....he asked me to go and "Sue hotelclub.com"!!! He said all he can do is charge me extra and give me the room!!!! He would not honor it...I had two infants with me....and yet the hotel staff was only bothered about their money. I suggested I would talk to the agents in the morning....but even to that the manager said he will not let me in until I get a fax from the agents!!! I gave him my credit card as security and then 2 days later when the hotelclub.com ppl faxed, the manager said its too late and charged my card!!!! The hotel was nothing great and service sucked....Mr. Majdi the GM should be fired!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
9 Thank mohbeen

Travelers are raving about these Sharjah hotels

Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2009

The price was great for this hotel. The parking was not so good. I had a hard time to find a spot every evening at a big "parking"-space next to the hotel that sometimes was full of cars, with different orders everyday because there are no lines to guide the parking cars.
The service was excellent. The breakfast was acceptable. The reception didn't have all the manners of service, but I forgot that matter because I was pleased with everything else.
The Mega Mall is right next to the hotel (20 meters across the street!) and this made my stay easier because of the mall having a food court, cafés so on...

• Stayed November 2008
1 Thank monir_q
Stourbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

There are many choices for reasonably priced hotels in Sharjah but this one is very good indeed. The rooms are very nicely finished and have a Kitchenette if you wanted to stay for a while without experiencing some of Sharjah's restaurants.
Great location and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Steveglass
Mali
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

The Tulip Inn Sharjah doesn't deserve a star. We (two couples) arrived a couple of hours after checkin time and our suite wasn't ready. After complimentary tea in the shabby lobby cafe, we weren't surprised at the tacky, musty room with rock-hard beds. We tried to find another more suitable room in the hotel with no luck. They were all awful. The staff finally brought foam bed toppers after multiple requests and waiting up for them to arrive. The breakfast was barely edible. There wasn't one redeeming feature within this hotel, although its location next to the mall was OK. Not enough to justify its existence. The parking lot was so tightly designed it's a wonder our car wasn't damaged. Overall, probably the worst hotel we've stayed in overseas in 20 years. You have been warned.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
4 Thank Bamak0
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

Nice Clean New Rooms ,Food is excellent
atractive location to the Maga Mall

• Liked — Clsoe The the Maga mall - Clean - nice classy rooms
  • Disliked — Lights
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Al Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2008

The hotel was fine with all of the accessories (i.e. water heater, iron board, iron etc.). Breakfast was average. The hotel is right at the gate of Sharjah Mega mall. This was good since you can go there for the 24/7 supermarket any time. You can visit the food court, coffee shops or the cinema easily. The bad thing about this hotel is the parking options. There is only about 10 spots in the hotel's parking lot. So, if you want a hotel with a place for your car, this is not your lace. If you are using taxis, this hotel would be fine and good value for money.

• Liked — Good value
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)