“Hotel worth visiting again”

Golden Tulip Sharjah
Ranked #7 of 79 Hotels in Sharjah
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great location--close proximity to Corniche with parks around just across for your evening time pass and walks.Walkable distance to all shopping complex--Carrefour.

Rooms are really spacious,worth the tariff.Good service too.Has a small shopping complex too plus a small scale Carrefour is attached which is open from 8am to late night giving you option to shop late.

Breakfast needs to be spiced up esp the menu part and add more variety to offer.Recomend for ppl on business stay.

Room Tip: Good place and value for money
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Venlaks
gmgts1, General Manager at Golden Tulip Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

There are newer reviews for Golden Tulip Sharjah

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Nice location, with supermarkets around, the Sharjah waterfront with cafe's and restaurants all around. The parking is Valet and free, nice staff and they are helpful and smiling.
The internet is not free and a bit costly, rooms are clean and quiet, but in busy times it will be packed with families and children, could be very noisy.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the lagoon and the Qasba are good with a view. The higher, the better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear sir,
thank nyou for your comments, we hope to see you again

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed in Golden Tulip for a few days when I first came to the U.A.E. I enjoyed my stay there. Rooms were big and service was good, and so were the rates. Good location as well.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank SLJ2009
gmgts1, General Manager at Golden Tulip Sharjah, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear sir,
thank you and we hope to see you again

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I had read some of the reviews prior to going & was a little concerned but as my father in law booked the hotel I had no choice. We stayed in Sharjah as it is not far from dubai & is nicer for families & has a more relaxed pace,

We stayed there from 1 - 5 March 2012. 2 adults & one baby & my father in law. We had a car & used the valet service & convenient parking.

We had two one bedroom suites. Check in was fast & courteous, they made sure our rooms were next to each other & that a baby cot was arranged for our infant.

There was 5 lifts off of the lobby so I am puzzled by the review that said the hotel only had 1 lift.

The rooms had a nice king size bed which was comfortable with good curtains that blocked out the sun. Double glazed windows so we weren't woken by the call to prayer ( though I quite like it).
Small functional ensuite that was clean & had all the ammenities that you needed. I read a previous review that said their bathroom door didn't close properly. Ours stuck but you gave it a bit of a shove & it locked fine.

The living area was large and spacious with lounge area & TV, another separate toilet, small dining table & writing desk & a large kitchen. The kitchen had sparse cuttlerly etc however a call to housekeeping or front desk & they brought anything requested promptly.

We had room only rate so made our own breakfast. There is a Carafours downstairs directly opposite check in so very convenient. We did eat at the hotels restaurant which was buffet & nice but not something to write home about but the view was lovely.

The location is excellent right on the Corniche & although the view from our room was only partial we could turn left & walk down the creek towards the ferris wheel or turn right & walk towards the mosques & shops. There is lots of dining options within walking distance to suit all budgets.

I would strongly reccommend staying in Sharjah for families as it is much nicer than Dubai & more family orientated. You can drive for day trips to Dubai & come back to Sharjah in the afternoon. It's 20 minutes with no traffic but can be an hour in bad traffic.

Overall a great hotel for all types of travelers, excellent value, excellent location, excellent room. Good Quality 4 star. I would definitely reccommend Sharjah and this hotel to families

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Corniche
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lozandjlo
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed in Golden Tuliip Hotel for only a night on business and this place is very poor. First of all they didn't have my reservation confirmation which I already had booked and paid for a week before. They kept pestering me and demanded me for more money which I have found totally unacceptable. Also some of the staff were unfriendly. The hotel itself is in a shopping mall which makes it very crowded. The hotel does not what seems to be in the pictures. This hotel only has one lift to all its 8 floors so you must wait a very long time to get one. Worst of it all, the rooms, lobby and corridors have awful smell of toilet which makes it difficult to sleep. Contrary to what they advertise in their sites, this hotel is over 30 minutes away from Sharja airport by taxi.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
8  Thank Masoud R
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed at the GT for a week in early November. This was our third stay and as in the previous times, we liked it. We stayed in a three bedroom, two bathroom suite. The rooms had a good size with a nice view on the man-made lake and they were kept in good and clean shape by the staff. The GT per day rates are very reasonable, considering that it is high season in the UAE at that time, and a comparable accommodations in neighboring Dubai woul have cost more. All and all, it was a good stay. But, we couldn't get over the smell in the shower towels! I mean my wife , my kids and I all noticed an objectionable smell in the towels and we brought it to the attention of the GT Managemnet. For their part, they sent House keeping and replaced the towels. Unfortunately, the problem presisted. While checking out, I brought the issue again to the Front Desk Manager who thanked me, and promised to tackle the problem. I suggested a couple of things that they can do, and Manager promised to look into them. Smell not withstanding, we will return next year.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper floors for a better view.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ensan
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Golden Tulip - Sharjah UAE - Good Hotel and OK Service.

Date - 9th Jan 2011 to 31st March 2011

We booked this hotel for a 3 month Business Trip. The Hotel gave us a free upgrade as it was a 3 month booking.

Ambience - The ambience of the hotel is good and the staff are friendly.

Cuisine - The Hotel does not have much to offer when it comes to food. The breakfast menu had been the same for the entire 3 month period that i was based there. The room Menu does not have much to offer.

Room Service - Room Service Team is prompt and any dish from the menu is delivered to your room within 20 mins.

House Keeping - They clean your room even when you dont want them to. Cant say whether that is good or bad :). however for Guest on Long Stay, they do not provide water, tea bags, coffee powder or sugar. This priviledge is only for guest staying for short duration.

Facilities - They have a small gym with adequate equipments. They boast of a swimming pool, but that is yet to be built. Has Carrefour nearby so you can get all groceries easily.

Over all - Good Hotel and OK service. If you are booking into this hotel, dont have too much expectations.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded April 8, 2011

Dear Sir,
Thank you for spending the time writting this review, we aim always to provide the best service to aour valued guest and we hope to host you again in your next visit to Sharjah.