“Exceptional hotel for a long stay!”

Copthorne Hotel Sharjah
Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Sharjah
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have never before written a hotel review but on this occasion I feel obliged to take a moment to express just how amazing this place really is. I stayed at the Copthorne Hotel Sharjah with my father initially for 10 days, which was eventually extended by 2 weeks, so this place was practically home for us for a month! Firstly, we were lucky enough to find this hotel after a harrowing one night experience at the hotel we had originally booked (yes, I will name and shame - Citymax Hotel Sharjah - don't go there even if your life depends on it!). Anyway, upon arrival, we were greeted with smiles all around, extremely helpful and considerate hotel staff from reception, room service, waiters, porters through to management. Our room was on the 5th floor, a Superior Twin, very spacious and tidy. The only downside was that it was facing another building, so the room was quite dark and a little noisy but not unbearable. Also, the pillows are stuffed with feathers and are very soft, so it was a trouble getting to sleep. They managed to get a firmer one for my dad but ran out when I requested one for myself. The bathroom was also very clean and modern with all the necessities supplied. The only problem here was that no matter how much you tried, the water would always leak down the side of the shower screen on to the floor. We did request if we could be upgraded to the Premium room but these only came with a double bed, which was a shame. Room service at this hotel is by far the best I have come across in my entire travelling experience - the average response time to a call (even the ones I made at 3am) was 60 seconds! Breakfast was amazing, with an excellent variety of food and 'The Lagoon' (hotel's restaurant) was beautifully designed with a great view of the Corniche. It was truly a delight. Another plus point is the hotel's very own Business Center with computer facilities, meeting area and complementary refreshments. Whenever I was working there, the Foods and Beverages Manager, Mohammad Ramadan, would personally knock to ask if I wanted something to drink - just the best service you could ask for. He was also very kind in allowing me to print off some important personal documents from his office printer. Parking is a major plus here as you can access the hotel from any car park level. The only sad part was that we realized just a few days before we had to come back that there was a pool on the top floor, complete with a health spa! Yes, I kicked myself. We chose to stay in Sharjah as we had business in this area as well as in Ajman and Dubai, so it made sense to be in the middle. However, it can take up to 2 hours to get in to Dubai from here if you leave during rush hours. So, if you plan to visit Dubai often, I would advise that you go for a hotel in Dubai. Otherwise, leave yourself plenty of travel time. Best thing is to hire a car, that's what we did and it worked out much more cheaper than taxis. Lastly, the hotel manager, Zeeshan, is extremely kind and helpful and made our stay that extra special. All in all, our experience at this hotel was brilliant and if in Sharjah again, Copthorne would definitely be our first choice.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with a view of the Corniche and avoid the rooms on the side of the hotel, which are...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Growdreams

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Beautiful hotel with a nice view.. Very happy with the stay & would definitely go back to stay at this hotel... Food was ok but general ambience was good... Prompt service from the staff.. The request made during hotel booking was not atall looked at which was very disappointing but over all happy with the stay...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Where to start? I found reception to be RUDE for the most part. They're not at all helpful, just plain rude. Food....if you like recycled..am sure it was...and all high carbs, high fat foods....one chef was accommodating, but others, unfriendly, and i'd not have even approached them.
The room was fine, after I insisted they upgrade me. The first room was dark, facing a building. The new one faced part of the corniche, so was a decent view..
The bed was 'ok', but omg, bring your own pillow! So soft, was annoying, and my neck was killing me. I then asked for other pillows and got something like sponge lol...The restaurant staff (wait staff) were mostly very nice...IF you could find someone! They'd disappear, and morning they seemed to only have one person working, so i'd get up myself to get coffee...Gym is decent, pool, super small and there was a housemaid fully clothed inside the pool with a child for hours on end...which isn't allowed (clothing in pool)....the shower....no matter how I moved the glass door, water still ended up all over the floor!! Cleaniliness of room...ok...but, and i always knew this from other hotels. if you're going to use the cups or glasses inside, wash them before..i always do, as i know they don't get washed, and i was right, as i saw the guy go to the washroom, rinse them out then dry them with a towel!! So, like a lot of hotels, i think it's hit or miss....the location, it's across the street from the Corniche, and some old shops around, so if u don't want to get out, although i just found it noisy...

Room Tip: avoid rooms facing the buildings! noisy and of course, dark...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Just me M
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a new property with very beautiful Cornish view. Every thing was excellent but bit distant from central part / shopping and Indian eateries. The walk of couple of kilometers take you to an iconic waterfront. The room sizes are bit smaller and expensive as compared to their size.
Amenities are modern, leading with state of an art Gym, Spa and Swimming Pool.

Room Tip: Nice view and modern amenities. Bit distant from city center. Nice walk and waterfront.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights when we first arrived in Dubai. Regulars to Dubai but wasn't willing to pay Dubai prices. Hired car and went to Sharjah.
Hotel not too easy to find but do your homework before you leave and it won't be an issue.
Great staff and decent breakfasts.

Modern room and well appointed.

Would go back no problem.

Many thanks.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have been in this hotel fo two nights, rooms are well furnished, free internet wifi worked properly. room service was excellent food was very delicious and specially breakfast with mixture of arabic and western food

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Aftab S
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Nice Hotel, greate view outside... nice food, pool, lounge. service and personal is good. rooms are clean and light. pool and lounge zone are comfortable. if you want to have a nice time, you can stay in this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends