“Too sad”

and up
Sharjah Arts Heritage and Culture Tour
Ranked #5 of 97 things to do in Sharjah
Reviewed October 18, 2013

It started out really good with the snake and spider exhibition but when we came to the bigger animals it broke my heart to see the small cages. The leopard was looking extremely bored doing number eights in front of the glass.

3  Thank Anna S

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am a zoo professional. I have been working in zoos for more than 40 years. I work, I visit, I voice my opinions. I have visited hundreds of zoos in many different countries. The Arabian Wildlife Center - Sharjah Desert Park I have seen from both sides of the fence. The GOOD modern zoo is about Conservation, Education, Research, Environmental Enrichment, Caring and more. Some places dress up these claims and are non truths.
This collection is doing all the right things. In my opinion it is one of the best zoos in the world.

2  Thank elvinhow
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Good concept of having the animals roam around free while u walk in an air conditioned passage way trying to get a glimpse of leopards, lions, gazelles.
It's definitely fun for the kids and beats being outside in the boiling sun.
What I liked:- the whole concept of the sanctuary and the petting zoo.
What I didnt like:- almost no options to eat at, except a crappy cafe inside.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

It's a very nice place to visit specially with kids....very well maintained....very good setup.....since it is out of city getting there might be tricky.....lots of parking space available....they do have indoor canteen if you wanna eat/drink while you enjoying the wildlife

1  Thank lateef21
Reviewed August 3, 2013

it was nice place to visit with family especailly with young kids. the best part is that you stay in cool comfortable area and you can view the animals in natural environment. The cheetahs and monkey come so close to you and we feel the excitement.

2  Thank subramaniam r