This hotel should have it all, its close to Dubai has a spa, beach restaurants and the Hilton nsme however thats where it stops. We travelled for one night for a break from Dubai, on arrival we queued to Valet park, then proceeded to unload our luggage while the attendnt spoke to another worker close by. Check it was painless enough except for a disgustly warm glass of orange juice which they presented us with. On arrival to the room we where surprised, the rooms are very nice and we had a great view.
We then changed and went for lunch which was good by any standard for a pool lunch. At this stage we were begining to enjoy our staybefore we went swimming. The pools were digustingly warm. Never have I swam in anything so hot and with no where to cool down had to leave the pool only 20 mins after arrival.
When we went back to the room we discovered there were no in room movies and only 1 childrens channel which is a little poor for a family hotel of this size when your trying to keep children away from the hot swimming pools.
We decided to eat in the Asian restaurant, howver found that this no longer existed, so instead chose the south american. Concierge told us that this was 1.5km away so not possible to walk howver he would arrange a buggy. 20mins later I asked how long the buggy would be at which point he only phoned to order one. ANother 15mins and it eventually arrived. The buggy turned out to be a warm sweaty van which left us absolutly soaked on arrival at the restuarant. Again no air con in restauarant and only a air con unit blowing out cold air in the corner which we sat beside so where relativly cool. The other diners where constantly sweating anf one family took there food to take away.
On our return to the hotel we again boarded the bus only this time to be squeesed in like sardines and though full the driver stoped 4 times along the awy to try to let people squeese in. Eventually we he appeared happy that we were all soaking with sweat he granted our wish to just get us back to the hotel and out of the bus. I asked for a manager to show him the state of us to which he replied sorry sir there is no air con on the bus before walking away.
Final morning breakfeast was very good however again when leaving we rang for our bags to be taken, 40 mins later we decided we would bring them orselves as no one seemed to be coming.
On checkout we were asked to come up presented with our bill and then told to wait while he attended another guest, another 15mins just to check out.
Worst service ever experienced. Disgraceful temp in the pools. Bad managment who cant even build on ther good staff and rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70 minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 13 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar before grabbing a barbecue lunch at Al Bahar with an underwater view. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in 6 Degrees, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida, Sushi in Passage to Asia or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton