We came away for a last minute break in the sun (very hot sun), making the most of a really cheap deal from Virgin Holidays.
If you are looking for a chilled out holiday, where you're happy not the leave the resort, then this could be the place for you. If you want action or attractions, stay away - book a hotel in Dubai.
For some time now I have been wondering how this region could manage so much development at one time. I've stayed in Dubai a couple of times and have been really impressed with the quality of the buildings and the standard of finish. This hotel has shown me that beware, there are cowboys in the area. On the face of it, it is very nice, but it has either been done on the cheap, or the Hilton organisation have been had.
We started off with a room in the 6 month old hotel, but complained on the 2nd day about a smell from the drain in the shower. They tried to fix it, but to no avail and so upgraded us to one of the villas that front on to the beach. It was a nice touch and we were very grateful. The location of these rooms is great as you can walk straight out of the patio doors and onto the beach. I think these were built about two years ago and already 2 light fittings were hanging of the wall, the shaving mirror is lose, the security lock is broken, the patio door mis-aligns with the lock and the curtain pulls on all 3 windows have broken. They were most apologetic when I pointed it out to them, but the fact is I shouldn't have needed to.
Everything else I feel has already been said in the other reviews.
Final word - my Mum and aunt are coming in 2 months time and I'm confident that they have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton