We have just come back from a 7 day all inclusive stay at the new Hilton Resort and Spa Hotel in Ras al Khaimah (28th March - 4th April 2009). We have two young boys and we had arranged everything via Virgin Holidays. Before leaving, we were very anxious regarding whether the hotel was properly finished and whether there would be excessive noise from the wing which is still under construction. We were pleasantly surprised. The wing which we stayed in (on the right side of the lobby) was complete; we were on the same level as the lobby. No noise from any drills etc. The other half of the hotel is having internal building work done and is not complete at all. However, this had remarkably little impact on our stay. The outside pools etc are all complete as is the kids pool and swings/slides etc (see photos). We went all inclusive; I would definately recommend this. Ras al Khaimah is a small, sleepy place. There are few good restaurants that we could find and particularly with two young kids, we were very happy to have our meals in the hotel. The Maarid restaurant is where the vast majority of guests have their meals. This serves a buffet with a large variety of dishes; the menu changes on a daily basis. On the whole, the food is very good; as with any buffet you tend to find a few good dishes for every meal.
The staff are excellent. Very polite, welcoming and they make you feel right at home. Nothing is too much trouble. Always very helpful. Small things were really touching. Our departure was early on Saturday morning (04:15 am). Clearly this is too early for breakfast. We were provided with a small selection of croissants, tea/coffee, fruit etc without us asking. Just shows that the staff were thinking of us.
ONE BIG TIP REGARDING TAXIS: There is a private tour company, RAK & Sun who have a desk outside the main lobby entrance with at least one chap who is constantly present. They will happily arrange a car to take you wherever you wish (Dubai for example). They also arrange tours etc. These are not metered Ras al Khaimah taxis. There is almost certainly some deal between the hotel management and this company. When we asked the main loby staff to get us a taxi, they were going to arrange a car with this company rather than get an official Ras al Khaimah cab. This is of great relevance as a metered taxi is significantly cheaper than these private cars. For example, a single trip to the Al Manar mall cost us 15 dirhams with RAK & Sun and 7.5 dirhams on the way back with a metered taxi. This may be insignificant for local journeys but becomes important if you want to go to Dubai. We asked RAK & Sun about a private car to Dubai and were quoted a price of 200 Dirhams one way. We went with a metered official Ras al Khaimah taxi who picked us up at 13:00 hrs, dropped us back at the hotel at 22:00 hours; this also included 3 hours that the taxi driver waited for us whilst we went around Dubai mall and also included journeys within Dubai to and from the meena bazaar. For all this we paid a total of 360 Dirhams. The telephone number for one of the government owned taxi companies (Al Hamra) is [--]. Also, our taxi driver, Sabir's mobile number is [--]. The other taxi deiver that we used carries a mobile telephone [--]. These taxis will always turn on the meter and this is your assurance that you are not being fleeced. Also, the security guy who sits on the main hotel entrance and mans a barrier will not let these taxis in unless you tell him that you have called the cab. Further evidence to us that there is a bit of a racket going on.
Otherwise the hotel is great. We would have no problems in recommending it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton