As you will have read this hotel is over an hours drive away from Dubai however we found that a couple of trips to the city was more than enough time to enjoy the sights. The hotel does have an extension being built but this is far enough on in the build so as noise is not an issue. Actually we feel that now is an excellent time to visit the hotel while it is still relatively compact. I'm not sure that the beach will be large enough once the new part opens.
They upgraded us to a suite which gave us an excellent room overlooking the beautiful bay. However by far the majority of rooms also have the same great view. It is out of the town and therefore you have to be prepared to enjoy the hotel in the eveneng. We went during Ramadan so there wasn't any entertainment provided - but from my point of view this was a relief!
Food in the hotel was excellent. It is buffet service which usually means mass produced mounds of tastlessness but the chefs here are excellent. Everything was always presented immaculately in small enough portions to ensure everything remained fresh. We booked all inclusive which saved us money and includes some branded drinks and cocktails.
We'd recommend taking a lunch at the Burg Al Arab if you get the chance. It is an expensive lunch, approx £100, but it's a great opportunity to see the exclusive hotel and enjoy the surroundings.
I'd also like to give a mention to valueaddedtravel.co.uk, and Ian who was excellent in recommending the hotel and assisting in the arrangements. I'll certainly be using them again. Don't be put off by their website they are excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton