“Our first Hilton experience”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Our first Hilton experience”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Such a beautiful hotel in a wonderful setting and the most pleasant helpful staff we were always greeted with a warm smile and "how are you today?" The staff couldn't do enough to make our stay more enjoyable... Our trip got off to the best start when checking in to be told we had been given a free upgrade to a beachside villa...it was beautiful with the beach and warm Arabian Sea just feet from our lovely garden. We ate (and drank :)) at some of the many bars/restaurants in particular the Al Bahara where Allan and Michelle were so helpful and friendly.The Chef Mohammed is a master in the kitchen who served up wonderful delicious food. In The Dome Bar we were made to feel special by Aby who was a perfect host who was so professional and so friendly....Thank you all :)

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Terence T,

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday in our Resort. I am happy that our services and facilities went above your expectations and that you were satisfied with the upgraded room.

I will personally convey your message to our Team Members in particular the ones you mentioned by names. We are looking forward to welcome you back to our Resort hopefully in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,
Raouf Benchedli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,056)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is the second time I have visited this hotel since 2012 and the experience was superb, the delux sea view room was beautiful and the housekeeping was spot on. Waed the housekeeping floor superviser was attentive, courteous and arranged extras and made me and my families stay extremely comfortable. The food in the Maarid restaurant was an excellent quality and executed in a much better presentation and portion sizes. Special praise should be given to our two brilliant servers Laarni and Keith, these two ladies were super friendly, polite and always helpful and ready to cater to your every whim. Special thanks can also be given to Anatasia who worked on guest relations, she made sure that me and my family were able to stay in two rooms that we had previously been in before. Overall it was a relaxing, enjoyable and all the staff and facilities were excellent.

Room Tip: Go for the higher rooms, you have a better view and they are more quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank H B
Dear H B,

I am happy that you had a fantastic holiday in our Resort and thanking you for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad that our services and facilities met your expectations and that you had excellent food and beverage experiences.

All the Team Members, in particular those you mentioned by names are most happy to know that you were satisfied with their services and we are looking forward to give you the same or even better experience in the next time you visit us hopefully in the near future.

New York
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed at the hotel twice, both times at the main building. Both times we were very happy with service and facilities and enjoyed our stay. Rooms are clean and spacious, main restaurant is very good, staff is super friendly and tries their best to please the guests. People working at the resort make it very special and friendly.
The waiters of the main restaurant, Sarina, Moshi, Ramiz are exceptional and all our requests were met literally in few seconds. Restaurant chief Han was wonderful and gave us his personal attention, bringing some treats and deserts to our table personally, that was very pleasant. Michael, who cooks absolutely delicious pizzas, prepared pizza especially for us.
Restaurant manager Rahul is very professional, always enquired whether we were happy or needed anything.
Guys at the pool bar and the beach were absolute stars! Thank you, Wahab!

Resort does have some minor problems as any other hotel, but the management team is excellent and very attentive to all their guests. We were disturbed by the loud music at the late night bar, about which we read in other reviews, and we applied to a director, Xavier Hubert. He immediately took care of the matter, saying that the comfort of the guests is the top priority of the hotel.
It was very pleasant to be treated not just as customers, but as dear friends. We will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Aliaska,

Thank you for you taking the time and effort in sharing your feedback with us. I am glad that you had wonderful Easter holiday at our Resort.

I am happy that our service and facilities met your expectations and that you were impressed with our Team Member’s hospitality. I would personally convey your message to all the Team Member in particular those you mentioned by names.

We are looking forward to give you the same or even better service in the next time you visit us, hopefully in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I was taken away for my 50th by my husband, just the two off us. Journey from airport to Hotel around an hour and 15 mins, but well worth the out of Dubai resort. Welcomed on arrival by friendly, helpful staff offering a cool drink and flannel as weather HOT. Room booked was 2112 terrace and about 30 steps to nearest pool. Hotel clean and staff could not do enough to make the experience a joy. Food so much to choose from to accommodate every nationality. 3 foot chocolate fountain was a hit with kids and adults. There was a little entertainment in the smokers bar which on the night we went had a belly dancer who was very good and a gentleman singing again very good. There is not a lot of entertainment at night, but as people have been up since 8am basking in the sun, sleep seemed to be their first priority. I would love to go again and maybe this time take the children.

Room Tip: Room 2112 or any Terrace room attached to the hotel was great, as easy access to the many pools.
1 Thank lolly018
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Lolly018,

Thank you for your taking the time in sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to know that our Team Members delivered best of services during your stay with us and we are happy that our facilities met your expectations.

Me and all the Team Member are looking forward to welcome you back to our Resort hopefully in the not too distant future.

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Had a fantastic week stay to celebrate my birthday. Free up-grade on arrival which was wonderful. Staff were super friendly, helpful, polite and always had a big smile. Facilities were amazing, we went all inclusive bit too much food on offer so you need to limit yourself, all the food was of a high standard. The choice of al a carte restaurants was good, virgin menus we found to be sufficient. Looking to come back soon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 2764,

I am glad you chose our Resort to celebrate your birthday and thanking you for sharing your feedback with us. I am happy that you were satisfied with the room upgrade and that you were impressed with our Team Member’s services and hospitality.

We are looking forward to give you the same or even better service in the next time you visit us, hopefully in the near future.

Best Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the Hilton RAK. 1st time we were very happy with the overall service and facilities at the hotel.
This time however things have deteriorated dramatically, 1st of all upon check we were told the room was not ready and would be within a few hours and that they would call me to inform. After close to 2 hours nobody had rung to inform me of the current status, I decided to ring reception who told me 'yes its ready' which is a minor issue however had I not rang through how long might we have been waiting? We arrived at our villa and the first thing I noticed was that directly outside the door was some sort of empty plates deposit box which had been filled to the brim, Which would be fine early morning but this was 2pm, overflowing and totally covered in Ants! In addition to that there was a mattress situated directly outside our door which just stayed there! (5 star or Ghetto?). I had informed the staff it was my better halves birthday and they had put a welcome message on the bed which was a nice touch. That evening the mood changed as around 2AM as the room connected to the villa someone was checking in and in order to get in to their room they most go through a sharing singular door which both villas share, however this door was so loud when it slams it could wake up the dead! The concierge or whoever was helping the guest into the villa was slamming the door over and over and it was making our bed shake! And I am a very heavy sleeper and it woke us up!
We complained and to their credit they moved us to another larger 'less noisy' villa, which was fine. Upon waking in the morning we found that our bathroom had been infested with ants! not just a couple, literally 100's so we could not use the bathroom that morning. I complained and the hotel sent a crew to clean and take care of it which they did. After breakfast (which is very good) we went back to the room to freshen up and the next issue we had was that the hot water was not working! I could not believe it I have had stayed all over the world and never had so many issues! Anyway I thought it might be that it needed a few hours to warm up (10am) at 2:30pm before checking out we returned from the pool to wash and check out but the hot water was still not working. The hotel sent an engineer whom discovered that the Villa/Apartment above had left the hot water running and totally drained the villas hot water supply! (Not the hotels fault but its just part of a long list) Overall the grounds and landscape are amazing and the best in RAK in my opinion and the service is good.
It just felt like the hotel needs TLC and a lick of paint everything is getting old very quickly and run down. Will we be staying here again? I very much doubt it... which is a shame as the last time we stayed was obviously good enough to make us return!

Room Tip: I would stay in the main hotel and avoid the villas...
1 Thank Emad M
Dear Emad M,

On behalf of the Team Member and me, we apologise for the problems that you encountered during your stay with us and thank you very much for you taking the time in writing your dissatisfactions.

Your comments about the readiness of the room upon check in, the cleanliness of the bathroom, the door at the villa and the hot water issues have been addressed by each and respective department for further improvements and to avoid recurrences.

I hope that you could give us the opportunity to regain your trust in our service. Please contact me should you decide to return to our Resort in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We wanted a week with guaranteed sunshine to fly in and flop. Everything was laid on, plenty of food and drink, lovely, friendly service. The adult only pool was great - quiet, no children and bar service, so drinks whenever needed (soft and alcohol). Recommend a sea view room on 3 rd floor or above. Sundowners at the Sunset Bar great.

Room Tip: Revoked seaview rooms, otherwise nothing to look at. Also rooms above 2nd floor for privacy and no...
1 Thank SCawley
Dear Scawley,

I am happy that our services and facilities went above your expectations during your stay and thanking you for sharing your comments with us.

Your feedback will always help us strive to improve our service and facilities. We hope to welcome you back to our Resort, hopefully in the near future.