A friend and I spent a week fully inclusive from the 13 march 2014 and it was wonderful. Great rooms, great choice in food and friendly staff. The only down side was the food at the Passage to Asia restaurant which we found to have very little ambience, almost like a canteen and the staff repeatedly moved the furniture around whilst we were eating, which was very off putting. We were on the Virgin fully inclusive menu and it was very bland, perhaps there are menu was better! The food and ambience in the Piacerida Gustare Italian restaurant was lovely. The same applies to the food in the main restaurant, so much choice and excellent. For those like me who like to use the gym before breakfast, the equipment is very good. We did not use the spa but it looked fab. Great pools and sun bathing areas.
Something that could be better organised is the free bus that goes into Rak Al Khaimah where it stops at a mall and a souk, neither has much to offer. We found it a waste of time and got a taxi back to the hotel. It is a bit of a scrum to get on the bus as people staying at the hotel who do not want to use the restaurants use the bus to get to the food mall (McDonalds) as it is cheaper than eating in the restaurants! With regard to taxis, do shop around especially in Dubai as we were originally offer a taxi for 100dh which we refused. By walking a few yards from the main mall in Dubai where a bus dropped us we were able to get a cab to the gold souk for 25dh, a big difference.
We booked and flew with Virgin Holidays and they made a couple of hiccups such as our room only had one bed but the Hilton staff soon sorted the problem. My one complaint would be with the tour operator RAK&SUN whom we booked a trip with. They cancelled the trip, they did not give us a reason why and then we had to re-visit them 3 times in an effort to get our money refunded. We paid by CC, they offered to pay us back in cash, Dirham which we did not want. We asked for our money to be refunded to our cards and young lasy, who was very nice told us this was not possible. We obtain written confirmation to say the money would be refunded to use but eight days on we are still waiting for a refund?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton