“Hilton Ras Al Khaimah”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A friend and I spent a week fully inclusive from the 13 march 2014 and it was wonderful. Great rooms, great choice in food and friendly staff. The only down side was the food at the Passage to Asia restaurant which we found to have very little ambience, almost like a canteen and the staff repeatedly moved the furniture around whilst we were eating, which was very off putting. We were on the Virgin fully inclusive menu and it was very bland, perhaps there are menu was better! The food and ambience in the Piacerida Gustare Italian restaurant was lovely. The same applies to the food in the main restaurant, so much choice and excellent. For those like me who like to use the gym before breakfast, the equipment is very good. We did not use the spa but it looked fab. Great pools and sun bathing areas.
Something that could be better organised is the free bus that goes into Rak Al Khaimah where it stops at a mall and a souk, neither has much to offer. We found it a waste of time and got a taxi back to the hotel. It is a bit of a scrum to get on the bus as people staying at the hotel who do not want to use the restaurants use the bus to get to the food mall (McDonalds) as it is cheaper than eating in the restaurants! With regard to taxis, do shop around especially in Dubai as we were originally offer a taxi for 100dh which we refused. By walking a few yards from the main mall in Dubai where a bus dropped us we were able to get a cab to the gold souk for 25dh, a big difference.
We booked and flew with Virgin Holidays and they made a couple of hiccups such as our room only had one bed but the Hilton staff soon sorted the problem. My one complaint would be with the tour operator RAK&SUN whom we booked a trip with. They cancelled the trip, they did not give us a reason why and then we had to re-visit them 3 times in an effort to get our money refunded. We paid by CC, they offered to pay us back in cash, Dirham which we did not want. We asked for our money to be refunded to our cards and young lasy, who was very nice told us this was not possible. We obtain written confirmation to say the money would be refunded to use but eight days on we are still waiting for a refund?

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pauline w
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Pauline W,

I am happy that you enjoyed our services and facilities, thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Your feedback about one of our restaurants are noted, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by some work to be done that day. I will personally deliver your message to our Travel Agent representative and tour operator for their service improvement.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in our Resort in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was our first holiday to UAE. We had a wonderful and very relaxing holiday. We found the staff very attentive and they couldn't do enough for us. This really is a lovely resort with every single aspect offerring the same high quality of service and exacting standards. We felt more welcome here than anywhere we have ever been. I would highly recommend to anyone, well except those who they think are above everyone else and don't respect the local culture and are rude to the very caring staff.

The only let down to an otherwise perfect holiday was the price of beverages. You should be aware that if you are going half board like us then you have to pay for drinks, which is fair enough, except that they are highly elevated prices, i.e. the same brand 500ml bottle of water costing just 50p in the local mall is charged at £2.80 in the hotel. Tea and coffee is about £5.00 and a small glass of wine is around £10.00. I would expect to pay a fair bit more in a 5 star hotel of course but hiking the price by this much - especially for essentials like water - made me feel I was being taken for a fool. Their response was that it's the same at other hotels too. Anyway just be aware as it might help you to choose between full and half board.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor garden room, which was perfect, but any sea view room at the rear of the hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank M C
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear M C,

Thank you for your time and effort spent in writing comments about your recent stay on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in regard to the prices you described, rest assured that your concerns are taken for consideration.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in our Resort anytime in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel have a very good location and view and you can stay for long time with your family. I am sure my family was happy . restaurant is not good and also in room food . we have to find another way to eat. This hotel is expensive and I was expecting more money valu.in some hotel when I visit for the first time , they send some type of complement . in this hotel I have got very small cup of orange .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Akram M,

I am sad to read that your stay was not satisfactory, which I did not expect it. I thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Please kindly be assured that your comments about our restaurant, room service and prices are important to us to improve our service.

I hope that those cases will not discourage you for returning to our Resort in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

4th visit and already planning a 5th. If you want first class customer service, first class food and surroundings then this is your place! The staff at the hotel are genuinely friendly and caring and without them this hotel would be the same as any other quality hotel, they are what sets this hotel apart from other high class hotels. I need to mention some names, so sorry to the ones I may have forgotten. Here we go! Kirubel, Hur, Mary, Jeni,Charlotte, Mark, Michael, Jovi, Richard, Stephen and last but not least Ahmed. I do hope you all receive special thank you's from your Manager.
Thank you again.

Room Tip: Have stayed in many areas of the hotel and all have been brilliant.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Elaine029
Raoufbc, Resort Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Elaine029,

I am delighted that you had 4 wonderful holidays in our Resort and you are planning to come back. Thank you for your time and effort spent in writing your comments on TripAdvisor.

Most of all, I am happy that our services and facilities always met or even exceeded your expectations, I personally will convey your message to our Team Member you mentioned.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Whether for busines or for pleasure, this is probably the place to stay in RAK. A relatively old property and lacks the edge some of the best hotels in Dubai or Abu Dhabi has, but it makes up with its sheer natural beauty and sincererity of the staff members. The suite I stayed was gorgeous, with mountain on one side and sea on the other, had a huge portico and was very very spacious. The highest point of my stay was seeing the sunset on the sea from the eastern part of the very long beach. My daughter had a swim in the sea and she saw lots of fishes. There is so many of (beautiful) sea shells on the beach that you can bring back a sackful. The resort also has a heated pool and a non heated sea water pool, along with the standard kids pool.

A very serene and relaxeing place to spend a weekend, equally nice to relax at the end of a gruelling business day. Dinner did not have variety but the chef prepared for me a chicken stir fry in no time once I mentioned that I did not have many items to my liking; breakfast was better, specially with the additional facility of sitting outside in a chilly sunny morning of February.
One possible note of caution for the motorists. I had a harrowing time to find the place itself after I reached the city. There is no road sign and the roads are complicated. The GPS of the Resort in Garmin was wrong. I ultimately collected the coordinates of the resort, put it on my GPS and reached by another 5 mins time with no further difficulty.

Room Tip: Obviously a sea view room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear drdebasisbiswas,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing them with us on TripAdvisor. I am delightful to read that you and your family had a relaxing holiday in our Resort.

It is also good to know that our services and facilities met or even exceeded your expectation.

I am glad our Resort had become wonderful part of your trip. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed here Jan/Feb in the main hotel having stayed in the villas before. Make no mistake, this is a big hotel with lots of people sharing the facilities with you! We have mainly stayed at smaller hotels and were a bit anxious about this one, but with the exception of the occasional busy evening mealtime, this hotel was able to cope.
The restaurant is a good size with plenty of staff and the food is available in mountains. The waiting staff were the most efficient we have ever encountered with Sarina and colleagues always on the ball as it were. The food was varied and mostly tasty.
The beach is nice and big and well appointed and the water sports area is varied and has plenty of professional staff. Perhaps a bit costly (parasailing £60 GBP), but very well done.
The hotel is quite well appointed for the most part, although it could be improved with some upgrading.
New Year's Eve was something else with an amazing entertainment and food evening outside in a massive marquee for a 1,000 people. The quality, range and presentation of the food was astonishing with amazing ice sculptures, endless variety, oysters on ice blocks and bread in baskets ....... made of bread! There was no scrimping on drink either and it seemed we may struggle to keep topped up during the evening, but nothing of the sort and no-one seemed to go short. The entertainment was very good.
Of course, RAK isn't Dubai and it has its limitations attraction wise, but it is slowly growing.
Not sure if we'll return, but that is only because we shall hope to try something elsewhere.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view it seems.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear PedroMacon,

I am happy that you had an amazing holiday and you were impressed with the New Year eve party. I thank you for sharing your detailed comments with us on TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure that our services and facilities met your expectations. We are looking forward to deliver even better service next time you and your partner visit us in the not too distant future.

Best Regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2014

First time at this resort and we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very good quality, food and drink of an equally high standard. The really outstanding aspect of this hotel is the great service provided by the staff. Special mention to Hassan and Abu at the Al Bahar, Angelica and Blessing at the beach bar. A small glitch with the check in, which meant we were waiting for some time, but the reception staff were very apologetic and got things sorted . Hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your time and effort spent in writing brief comments about your stay in our Resort. I apologize for some delay during check-in.

It is my pleasure to know that our services and facilities met your expectation, the staff you mentioned are most happy to read your comments and we are looking forward to give you even better service on your next stay with us in the not too distant future.