We stayed here on a ten night package with Virgin from mid January. We opted for the all inclusive, but not sure if this was a good move or not as we are not big drinkers and it prevented us from eating out (being mean). We chose this hotel because of the price and fortunately it was just a £5 taxi ride from the Tower Links Golf Club.
The hotel is great, lovely room, good food - although perhaps not as "luxurious" as expected - no prawns or smoked salmon or steaks on all inclusive. The meals were made enjoyable by the attentive service of Saiful our Bangladeshi waiter who was excellent and Kimberley, "La Filippina" who had a lovely genuine smile. We ate in the Italian one night and the Asian which was a walk along the beach and these made a nice change from the buffet.
It would be nice if there was some sort of entertainment, other than the piano, for the evenings as everyone tended to sit around engrossed in ipads etc. A singer or something classy.
The beach villas looked ideal for a family holiday with small children.
We played golf four times at Tower Links and, because the locals and expats play floodlit golf in the evenings, we had the course to ourselves and were able to walk rather than have a buggy. Good for walking off the lovely food from the hotel. We also played Al Hamra - half an hour taxi which was much dearer and buggy obligatory - the greens here were far better than Tower Links, but the course is enclosed by villas, whereas Tower Links has views of the mountains and open spaces.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton