We spent our holidays between XMas and New Year at this hotel, and here is a brief summary of our experience:
- Checking in: we arrived late (3am) and it took the hotel almost an hour to have us checked in, the front desk didn't seem to be well organized
- we booked one of the sea-view villas, be aware that they actually are sea-view apartments, and we recommend them highly
- the food at the main restaurant and specialty restaurants is very good, having said that, getting lunch at the beach restaurants was a daily ordeal! it took ages to get the personnel's attention and the staff again was pretty disorganized. lots of irritated guests waving around for getting attention and over-stressed staff!
- we booked the hotel because the webpage clearly states the availability of tennis courts! BEWARE!!! the tennis courts are at another hilton place, 10 minutes taxi drive away. it took me 4 (!) attempts to get a court and a coach finally booked (the first three times I was told that a coach is not available...)
- the New Year Party was fantastic, absolutely stunning!!! Great food, excellent entertainment, congratulations to the whole team!!!
- Leaving the hotel: we had to leave at 4am and called the front desk to get a buggy to carry our luggage to the main entrance. tried 3 times, nobody picked up, so we carried the luggage ourselves half a mile to the main entrance where the front desk was well staffed! I complained about the "pick up" service, but nobody seemed to be particularly bothered...
Last but not least... we fed back to our travel organizer Kuoni and the hotel as well. 2 opposite reactions:
- Kuoni responded professionally, apologizing and stating that they will follow up on it
- The hotel's response was appalling, even blaming us for not being able to inform ourselves properly, have a wrong perception etc... Not a single apology! Good luck with that kind of customer focus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton