“Excellent holiday destination!”

Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Warsaw, Poland
“Excellent holiday destination!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

By spontanious holiday in UAE I didn't expect much. It was more than feel surprised when we found there unexpectadly time of our life. It is really very difficult to find even small disadvantage here. Food in all inclusive option is great, every day other kind of tematic cuisine, from asian to european. You will experience here good beef steak, not bad sushi and local, indian starters not to find in other holiday destinations. Hours when they serve meals is another positive, breakfast until 11, dinner from 6 to 11 p.m. It's never to crowdy in restaurant. All the staff is so friendly that sometimes you feel embaressed by that. Helpful, nice and with heart on their hands to help you. Especially we have in our mind guys from pool bar, never looked tired, but working 12 hours in such sunny weather, concierge staff and waiters in restaurant, asking sometimes every five minutes if everything was all right :-) We hope to come there again soon!

Room Tip: Best location is definietely not the main building, but all smaller houses, with spectacular sea vie...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear filu13,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay.

I will personally relay your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. Your comments will give the team more motivation to be better ever, thank you for the time taken to write your wonderful words in Tripadvisor.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance for future stay with us.

Kindest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,044)
  • Arabic first

Useless concierge
Helpful staff
Playing with prices - we paid $ 325 while others paid $ 150 for the same room
Booking from UAE gets us charged double but from Europe 1/2 price (((
This pricing system is NOT cool at all

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Argenta167,

It feels great to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your appreciative comments on our location, the size of the resort, the pool facilities, the quality of the sea food and the helpfulness of our team. Sorry to read your comment about the concierge.

I would like to invite you to contact us for further investigation about the rate difference with others as I need more information about your booking, room type, booking channel and when you booked your stay with us.

Your feedback will be shared with the team. Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming your again whenever your travel or leisure plans bring you back to Ras Al Khaimah.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Arrived on 31st August after 3 hour delay with engine one.
Transfer from Airport excellent by private car.
Allocated Room 3341 a Suite on the 3rd Floor in the Main Building at the end with two balcony's and a perfect sea view.
A few teething issues on arrival with toilet door handle falling off in my hand and my wife stuck inside, but repaired very quickly.
We had upgraded to Premium All Inclusive and Club Room Privilege's.
Both in my view are worth the upgrade and we where given six Al A Carte Vouchers to use within our 11 nights with no additional charges incurred.
Premium All Inclusive is good for the Al A Carte but very mis guided with the drinks, not all premium brand drinks are included, so be careful.
We had an exceptional meal on Weds 4th Sept in the Italian for my 50th Birthday, but on returning last night, 8th Sept, the old was no were near the standard and quality of the week before, very dry and overlooked Lobster & Scallops.
We sunbathed at the adult pool with reserved sun beds and an excellent waiter service from FIAZ even bringing us Fruit and Drinks to the Spa during a break in our treatments.
Very helpful and we have never felt under any pressures to show gratitude unlike other hotels we have stayed at previously.
We have two more night left of our holiday and I am writing this whilst laying on my sun bed in 40 degrees.
The Spa service has been excellent throughout our stay, although cosmetically the best the staff are superb and have pulled out all the stops especially on my birthday with a free champagne and strawberry jacuzzi at the end of our treatments.
Would we return, yes, but they ideally need to supply some free wifi which you can actually get in the shopping malls,but not at the hotel.
A word of warning, FaceTime and Voice Over IP Apps don't seem to work, we were told they are banned in Dubai, not 100% sure about this.
Will add more on our return to UK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Keffin63,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a comment on TripAdvisor regarding your experience. It seems that your 50th birthday required someplace special. Thanks for choosing us.

You enjoyed so many of the services available in the resort. We are glad to read your appreciative comments on our rooms, the spa, friendliness of our staff, the facilities and the food variety and quality offer in our restaurants.

About your comment for FaceTime access, all the VOIP applications are legally blocked in UAE. Recently they allowed some applications but it is not working well.

Please let us know when you decide to return for more continued enjoyment.

Dubai
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were returning to the Hilton Resort & Spa for a second time, after a really lovely weekend away last year, but actually ended up leaving slightly disappointed this time.

From arrival the car valet and check-in were a bit chaotic. We'd specifically booked a room in the main hotel as last time we had stayed in a Villa and wanted a change. They checked us in without mentioning they'd moved us to a Villa so we didn't find out until we went to collect our bags that our room was a buggy ride away. Back we went back to check-in for them to find us a room back in the hotel, which took a couple of hours, but eventually we got sorted.

The room we ended up with was nice - I have a feeling we got a better room than we'd booked as it seemed more like a suite which was great and had a lovely sea view.

We had a great day by the pool relaxing, but returned to the room to change for dinner to find a massive (and I mean massive) cockroach in our bathroom. We managed to put a mug over it and called down to reception to get it removed. They had told us they were sending someone straight away...they didn't arrive, we went to dinner and when we returned to the room around 10-30/11pm it was still there. We called down to reception again and they sent someone round finally.

Half an hour later we had another knock at the door, which we ignored as we were in bed. We then got a phone call to say they had a cake for us as we'd mentioned on our booking it was our anniversary...not sure who fancies cake at 11pm at night, but we definitely didn't.

The next morning when we checked out we mentioned the cockroach incident to the receptionist and the fact that it had taken about 6 hours to get it removed, but she seemed completely unfazed.

There are a lot of good things about this hotel - the Italian restaurant was just as good as we'd remembered from our first trip, and the pools and beach really are lovely.

But unfortunately the rest of the service was just a bit average and certainly less than I'd expect from a 5* hotel.

Dear bellaboo83,

Many thanks for your comments further to your return stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa. I am of course delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the Italian restaurant and the food, the beach facilities as well as the various pools.

However, I am sorry to read your comment about your experience in the room. As we are taking very seriously this unfortunate experience, I would like to assure you that I have discussed this point with our Executive Housekeeping Manager and with the Manager of our Pest Control Company in order to take all necessary actions to reinforce the treatment in all rooms and gardens.

Your comment about the level of service will be discussed with all department heads as this is an area where the team here traditionally stands out. I am sorry to learn about your experience with the birthday cake, the room allocation from the main building to the villa on the beach (which was a free upgrade) and the lack of follow up about the issue in your room. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and want to assure you that additional training will be done in order to address this issue and to avoid any re-occurrence.

Nonetheless I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future to regain your confidence. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation, so I can ensure you will be well-looked after.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa from Abu Dhabi as a weekend getaway. The hotel itself and the resort are very beautiful. Now, it was way to hot for Ras Al Khaimah but that's totally our fault. We rented a villa which was a short walk from the main hotel with the restaurants and such. The "buggy" service to take you different parts of the resort was a nice thing to have and it was very prompt. However, the actual room left a lot to be desired. The bed wasn't up to the UAE standards that we've grown accustomed to, we didn't get the shower that was advertised as part of our villa online and there was a bit of a bug issue. Perhaps this was due to being right on the beach with the direct access and the sliding glass door but when you rent an expensive room you don't really expect there to be bugs. The villa was just all around drab too. It wasn't very inviting. However, the location to the beach couldn't have been any better. The restaurant service was awesome but they were scarcely populated while we were there. Other services like room service and housekeeping were lacking a bit but the hotel seemed to be somewhat understaffed. Perhaps this is due to the time of the year. There was a number of swimming pools to choose from and there were a couple just a short walk from our villa. They were all quite nice. We enjoyed ourselves but we feel like it wasn't quite worth the money we put into it.

Room Tip: If you are going to enjoy the beach, the villas are awesome. You can come and go from your room all...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jbbnad
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear jbbnad,

Thank you very much for having chosen our resort for a weekend getaway from Abu Dhabi and for your comments about the resort and its facilities. We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our pools and the buggy service as well as the service in our restaurants.

However, I am sorry to hear about this very unusual and unfortunate experience about your room, and would like to invite you to contact us for further investigation as we do not have records with our Guest Relation or Housekeeping teams about such experience. Meanwhile, we have already re-enforced the existing procedures in order to identify any similar issue that might affect the comfort of our guests.

In any case, I can assure you that the resort has stringent policies and procedures with regards to hygiene and sanitation. On-going room inspections by housekeeping management and senior executives, combined with regular quality assurance audits do ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests.

We would appreciate as well to get more details about your booking with the shower that was advertised as all bathrooms in the resort offer separate shower and bath tube. To better assess on what has happened, I would appreciate if you can provide us with your contact details as well as your stay dates.

I would like to thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to make your next reservation, so I can ensure you will be well-looked after.

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have not long returned from a very enjoyable family holiday at this Resort. Service was excellent and the staff just couldn't do enough for you! Only drawback being that a couple of the pools were not temperature controlled resulting in them feeling like warm baths, but let's face it that is hardly worth complaining about! The resort's kids pool over by our villa was canopies which in the sun and heat was a godsend. We particularly would like to thank Sabeena in the main restaurant for being so friendly and helpful, in addition the fantastic staff at the Dhow Bar, Hassan, Monty, Bhakta and Rohan, who spoilt us so much the staff in the other bars just couldn't compare! Would recommend this Resort for families, and hope we can return soon.
However would recommend travelling all inclusive, some of the drink and menu prices were astronomical.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sarah V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us as well as our team members being pleasant and accommodating during your stay.

We understand the significance of family holiday and are delighted that we were able to fulfill all your needs travel during your stay and contribute to your family holiday memories.

Your kind words have been shared with the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

Kindest regards.
sheffield
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Well where do I start . arrived 17aug after long overnight flight very tired not supposed to check in till 1400 but rooms ready for us all(9 of us in 2 family's) which was a real bonus .First opinion nice clean hotel .Went up to rooms(we had interconnecting) very big rooms plenty of storage ok bit old but very clean.So far so good,unpacked then went for a dip.Oh dear ,the pool is shocking its falling to bits ,my kids used to see how much of the pool they could find on the bottom ,all the tiles were coming off and the sides were all cracked, I was surprised it held water plus it was like getting in a bath,really warm ,not refreshing at all(if you want a cold pool go across road to double tree it's freezing and on the roof 17 floors up ,it's an experience). Just have to mention the pool bar men Hur and Alan they were fab looked after us brilliantly.FOOD.well if you read my reviews you will know I stopped in the jebal Ali last year and ok we weren't expecting the same quality but stopping in a Hilton expected a lot better.We were on all inclusive and to be honest not good especially for kids,when we first arrived we asked for fish fingers for kids and you would have thought I asked for caviar ,was told it was a la carte was disgusted had strong words with manager and eventually got what I asked for but had to order kids food separate every night,IT NEEDS A KIDS CORNER must be the only hotel Iv been too without a kids corner.The other food was all Eastern European and ok could find something to eat but not a lot ,breakfast is ok apparently they have a pork licence but never saw bacon so don't know what that's all about,but plenty of other choices for breakfast.lunch and dinner a bit hit and miss .ENTERTAINMENT .none apart from a rubbish belly dancer and pianist .ALL INCLUSIVE 1beer option,most spirits,coffees,milk shakes,soft drinks ,some cocktails,No ice cream for kids ,I can see why they don't charge for kids under 12 there's nothing ,for them so they don't cost anything. There is a mall next door unfinished but got a supermarket inside which sell ice cream (there's a gap in fence near jetty to get to it) we went every day.THINGS TO DO not a lot you can use doubletree and resort and spa but not much else in area ,couple of malls and a fab waterpark ICELAND it's a must,go midweek we had it all to ourselves but if you go at weekend it's chocker block with locals,we went twice its brill.all in all we had a decent holiday but it reminded me of Turkey ,it is not at all like Dubai,maybe in 10-15yrs it might get there but not now.All I can say is the hotel is nice but old the staff look after you the food is adequate the kids option is rubbish you shouldn't have to wait for kids food to be cooked every night they get bored very easily,the pool wants closing down and totally rebuilding,it needs more entertainment ,however the waterpark is a must and if not all inclusive upgrade its very very expensive £7.00 a pint £3.50 for a coke

Room Tip: Take plenty for kids to do at night they will be bored stiff ,go to Dubai see what you missing(plent...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mohamed M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear amberSheffield,
Thank you for your time writing your feedback as we greatly appreciates the feedback made by our guests which are always allowing us to look to the improvement areas and take the right actions for success and achieve the highest standard of service.
In spite the children food experience and the pool experience where your comments can been seen very constructive, we are happy to know that your holiday was decent as mentioned in your review.
With regards the experience with the children food options and the all inclusive service, we would like to offer our apology for the inconvenience occurred, please rest assured that comments are promptly communicated with Food and beverage manager for immediate improvement actions.
We really care about our young guests (the children )where we usually spare no efforts to make them satisfied with the food as we understand how sometimes is difficult to feed the them, however there are some items still chargeable including in the kids menu.
We agree with you that Ras Al Khaimah is not as developed as Dubai but we can say Ras Al Khaimah is seen as fast growing city where many activities are around like the water park as you mentioned, desert safari, camel and horse ridding, wide water sport activities, Sea and fishing trips, and visiting the historical sightseeing.
Regarding the condition of the swimming pool , we are very sorry to have such experience , your feedback has been taken very seriously to our Chef Engineering to act on improvement plan for the pool to avoid such experience in the future for our valuable guests.
Also these are some shopping centres around in the city which we provide daily free shuttle bus for our valuable guest’s conveniences besides the privileges to use hotels Doubletree By Hilton and Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa where the beach and the pools are so enjoyable which can be reached by the free shuttle bus every one hour from our hotel.
In closing, it was our pleasure to welcoming you always in our hotel and will appreciate the chance to welcome you back so we can restore your satisfaction and change the impression that might remain for the last stay.
Best Regards,