This is our 2nd stay here,we last came in May 2011,and stayed for 6 nights,this time it was 10.
We did the All-inclusive package and came with Virgin Holidays.
We had no regrets about returning,we found the weather at this time of year more comfortable,whereas in May it was perhaps too hot for us as the paving slabs around the pool got really hot.
Check-in was smooth with Virgin Holidays you can check in early so that is a nice advantage,and get a drink,you cannot get any food until lunchtime,but thats only a 1hr wait once you arrive from the airport.
The rooms are good,we had a sea view room 3512,very nice we stayed in a different wing last time.
The food was really good again,we only ate in the buffet restaurant's,each night there is a themed night,I had seen someone complaining about seeing yorkshire puddings on here and that they hadn't travelled from the UK to eat this sort of food,every night there is such a huge choice and I even tried some food I might not try back at home eg The Arabic night,very nice.
My wife loved the different soups,the quality of the food is very good.
Unfortunately I did witness a girl when asked what would she like in her omelette she just pointed to the ingredients,no Thank You at all from her,its a simple thing to say and doesn't cost anything.
The staff work really hard and long hours,we never came across a rude member of staff,there are so many to Thank,but the main ones are Keith,Saiful & Mary in the Maarid restaurant,they are so funny and polite they really made the holiday.
We hadn't received housekeeping one day when we got back to the room late afternoon,a phone call to reception and they arrived within 5 mins,he was very apologetic,I suspect someone had gone sick,and that put him behind cleaning the rooms.
On the AI package you get 70dhs each to spend at a restaurant,we went back to the Dhow Bar along the beach,where your money will get you one of the best burgers going,they are really nice,the salads are good as well,large portions,you need to be hungry we would do this at lunchtimes,as it was a nice walk then return walking along the waters edge back to the pool.
We used the Salt water pool daily,it has a swim up bar very handy.
There are a lot of europeans and this was no problem,as i've seen some people don't like that.
Our main issue was that if you choose to sit outside when eating, people can smoke,we are non smokers and ate outside a few times,but on both occasions someone lit up behind us and the just hold their cigarette up near you,even at breakfast,so we ate indoors after that.
There is no free Wi-Fi,I believe next year now,but there are 3 computers you can use for 15mins at a time near reception.
We are looking at staying again next November,if anyone wants any questions please feel free to ask and I will try and help.
We did visit Abu Dhabi for the Formula 1 race,it does make it a long day traveling,but I think for the cost of a hotel for a few nights there it would have been quite expensive,so for us it worked out well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70-minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 11 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar to grab your favourite cocktail. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in Al Bahar Rooftop, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O. bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton