“Glad we returned,just as amazing”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Ipswich,UK
“Glad we returned,just as amazing”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is our 2nd stay here,we last came in May 2011,and stayed for 6 nights,this time it was 10.
We did the All-inclusive package and came with Virgin Holidays.
We had no regrets about returning,we found the weather at this time of year more comfortable,whereas in May it was perhaps too hot for us as the paving slabs around the pool got really hot.
Check-in was smooth with Virgin Holidays you can check in early so that is a nice advantage,and get a drink,you cannot get any food until lunchtime,but thats only a 1hr wait once you arrive from the airport.
The rooms are good,we had a sea view room 3512,very nice we stayed in a different wing last time.
The food was really good again,we only ate in the buffet restaurant's,each night there is a themed night,I had seen someone complaining about seeing yorkshire puddings on here and that they hadn't travelled from the UK to eat this sort of food,every night there is such a huge choice and I even tried some food I might not try back at home eg The Arabic night,very nice.
My wife loved the different soups,the quality of the food is very good.

Unfortunately I did witness a girl when asked what would she like in her omelette she just pointed to the ingredients,no Thank You at all from her,its a simple thing to say and doesn't cost anything.
The staff work really hard and long hours,we never came across a rude member of staff,there are so many to Thank,but the main ones are Keith,Saiful & Mary in the Maarid restaurant,they are so funny and polite they really made the holiday.
We hadn't received housekeeping one day when we got back to the room late afternoon,a phone call to reception and they arrived within 5 mins,he was very apologetic,I suspect someone had gone sick,and that put him behind cleaning the rooms.
On the AI package you get 70dhs each to spend at a restaurant,we went back to the Dhow Bar along the beach,where your money will get you one of the best burgers going,they are really nice,the salads are good as well,large portions,you need to be hungry we would do this at lunchtimes,as it was a nice walk then return walking along the waters edge back to the pool.
We used the Salt water pool daily,it has a swim up bar very handy.
There are a lot of europeans and this was no problem,as i've seen some people don't like that.
Our main issue was that if you choose to sit outside when eating, people can smoke,we are non smokers and ate outside a few times,but on both occasions someone lit up behind us and the just hold their cigarette up near you,even at breakfast,so we ate indoors after that.
There is no free Wi-Fi,I believe next year now,but there are 3 computers you can use for 15mins at a time near reception.
We are looking at staying again next November,if anyone wants any questions please feel free to ask and I will try and help.

We did visit Abu Dhabi for the Formula 1 race,it does make it a long day traveling,but I think for the cost of a hotel for a few nights there it would have been quite expensive,so for us it worked out well.

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor,you must visit the Dhow Bar at lunchtime
3 Thank skeeter68
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Skeeter68,

We were glad as well to welcoming you back for your second stay with us! Thanks for taking your time to share your experience and for your thorough review further to your return stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa.

We are delighted to note that you found our service, facilities and quality of food to your satisfaction, as this is what we strive to achieve at all times.

We truly appreciate your feedback / review as it is comments from our valued guests that enable us to improve our services and facilities and we are all glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I have noted your comment about the smoking\non smoking area on the terrace of our all day dining restaurant. Our F&B Manager already started to work on the project to offer separate areas and we do hope to be ready for a try in the months to come.

Your kind words have been shared with the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our resort for your third stay.

Kindest regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,043)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Earth City, Missouri
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our second time at the Hilton. We had gone for my father's 70th birthday a couple of years ago when it first opened.
Well it has gotten a bit better.
For those who did not read my first review, the place is vast, set on a beautiful bay. Last time, the food and the service were pathetic.
Well, the service has gotten a bit better. Wish I could say the same about the food.
My only other minor observation OS the fact that the water sports shop won't allow u to charge the room. So basically, to get on a jet ski, u need to pay cash.
So Hilton: you are almost there. A couple of good food joints and you would be deserving of the 5 stars next to the door in the lobby.

Room Tip: We stayed in the villas. Pick one next to the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Towelcarrier,

Thank you for choosing to stay again with us after your first stay in 2010 and for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent experience.

While we have noted your positive comment about the improvement on our level of service, I was very sorry to read that you did not find our food to your liking. The Resort offers a large choice of outlets for all taste including the all day dining restaurant, four a la carte restaurant and two beach restaurants as well as the room service. Our Executive Chef has taken note of your comments and the team will work on improving this.

Please do feel free to contact me directly for your next visit in order for us to prepare dishes that suit your taste.

I would like to thank you again for bringing these issues to my attention, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa.

Kind regards.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

this was our first trip to Dubai and will not be our last from the time of arriving until leaving absolutely faultless staff brilliant food brilliant what more can I say beach is really clean very quiet and relaxing holiday staff at sunset bar were very helpful

Room Tip: go for sea view well worth it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Ann M,

Thank you very much for such a delightful review. In a few words you said so much.

I will personally relay your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay. Your comments, as "amazing hotel", will give the team more motivation to be better ever, thank you for the time taken to write your wonderful words in Tripadvisor.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful 5 day break, the staff were outstanding right from the minute we arrived to the point we left. We took the all inclusive option which proved to be an excellent choice; the food was of the highest quality and drink choice extensive. The location is perfect and the resort is immaculate. Emilija and Tatiana on the Guest Relations Desk set the standard; both are extremely professional and approachable answering every enquiry with confidence and a smile. The rooms were spacious, bright and had everything you expect of a 5 star resort. The view from our balcony was spectacular and pool areas are spotless. We will be back!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Andrew S,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments on tripadvisor with regards to your recent stay.

As you have so well written, you express your joy of participating in many facets of what we have to offer. It is very kind of you, taking the time, in letting us know

I have already conveyed your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

We wish you the best in all your travels and hopefully we will see you here again. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at The Hilton Resort for 5 nights from 4th of November 2012 on our Honeymoon. We had upgraded to a delux sea view room which was very comfortable. A massive thank you to all the staff who were all extremely curteous and attentive..... they even brought us a 'Happy Honeymoon' cake to our room which was a nice touch. We decided to upgrade from the 'Bed & Breakfast' to the 'Half Board' option for an additional 120 Dhs per person per day. This was definitely a wise move on our part as we had a few drinks each night in the XO bar which had happy hour 20.00-22.00 each night ( except Weds). The 'all inclusive' option will work for many but i don't particularly like Tuborg lager, so had stocked up with some can in the Airport duty free on the way in!. Prior to our trip I had read mostly good reviews on the hotel but a few complaints such as 'lack of variety in the Maarid restaurant'. We ate there ( admittedly only for 4 nights) but they had a different theme each evening and there was a wide choice. I can understand if you are there for 2 weeks perhaps that some of the food would become repetitive. My only slight criticism is the 10% service charge on everything. I don't mind paying if its waiter/ess service but I went to the bar to buy drinks a few times and on those occasions can be a bit annoying.
In Summary, a first class hotel, first class staff - each and every one of them and a thoroughly enjoyable and memorable honeymoon so a big thank you to all concerned and we will definitely return at some point.

1 Thank SteveLeeds1968
Dear SteveLeeds1968,

We are very proud that you have chosen us for your honeymoon! It is obvious the joy you experienced here will be a long lasting memory for you.

Thank you for your appreciative comments on our rooms, friendliness of our staff, the facilities and the food variety and quality in our all day dining restaurant. Indeed, a 10% service charge is applicable as per local rules when guests are not on package including drinks.

We are committed to providing exceptional facilities as well as to delivering warm and friendly service to our guests, and your feedback has been share and very much appreciated by the team.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming your again whenever your travel or leisure plans bring you back to Ras Al Khaimah.

Kind regards.
Horsham West Sussex
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My Husband & I have just returned from this fantastic resort, from the moment we arrived the check in was seamless the bags delivered by a chearful member of staff, I had asked in advance if the hotel could arrange a special breakfast for our anniversary I could never have imagined how far they would go, petals all around the room a wonderful cake and wine on the day we arrived, then a champagne breakfast delivered to the room the next day it was wonderful, thank you Anna you made it very speciasl, this service continued throughout our stay, from the management to every single member of staff they are wonderful, many thanks to Rohan at the Rio beach bar what a star, I just hope my husband will not expect the type of service you offered now we are home, Abu and all the staff at the Al Bar, and the Maarid. The food was excellent what a choice, I joked as we left our room Sunday to go for dinner that I wondered if they would have roast beef and yorkshire puddings and oh my goodness yes they did as it was european night the choices were endless. The attention to detail is amazing not a crumb is ever left on the floor, the beach is spotless. Congratulations to the Management for such a wonderful team, we are already trying to plan our next trip.

Dear Fabulous,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post a personal review here at TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa.

Congratulations on your anniversary and we were very honored to be part of your celebration.

We are delighted to note that you found our level of service and facilities to your satisfaction, as this is what we strive to achieve at all times. Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Hilton is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. Please rest assured that your comments will be passed on to the relevant team members.

Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, I would be delighted to handle your reservation.

Warmest regards.
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was our 4th stay at this hotel. We use it as local get away from Dubai. My wife and I are Hilton Honors diamond members and travel extensively around the world. The Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa facility has some of the best amenities in the chain. Besides the awesome amenities and beach front location, the best part of this hotel is its professional well trained staff. On this trip, we brought two friends with us that were so impressed they are planning future stays at this resort. We arrived early for check-in and expected a wait for our rooms. Emilia, a member our their guest relations staff, treated us like family and went to extraordinary efforts to secure rooms next to each other. She then contacted the head of housekeeping, Maria Fleur, who sent a mountain of people to ready our rooms. The manager even got involved to ensure we were taken care of. Keep in mind, we were checking in early. This is just small example of the extraordinary staff at this resort. If your looking for a great resort this is it. If your a golfer, they do have a special Hilton rate and the concierge can even book your tee times.

Room Tip: The beach villas are very nice. Great choice for families or couples.
2 Thank captmorgan1Dubai
Dear Captmorgan1Dubai,

Thank you for your loyalty with our Resort and for sharing this very kind review about your recent experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa with the TripAdvisor community.

Your feedback is even more highly appreciated as you are a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and a Senior TripAdvisor reviewer and the quality of your review will be beneficial for all other users to read it as you outline very useful and relevant information in regards to our resort.

I take pride in announcing that Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa was recently awarded
“Favourite Weekend Escape 2012” over a choice of destination all over UAE and Middle East. What’s On Awards is a prestigious people’s choice award and a celebration of the Middle East and UAE’s hospitality, entertainment and leisure industry.

Your kind words have been shared with the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back for your 5th get away from Dubai.