“Bad experience”

Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We arrived last week during high season to find out that Hilton Ras Al Khaimah did not accept our paid reservation with Emirates Holidays,we had the paid voucher confirmation and they want to relocate me and my family to another Hotel as they sold our room due to better prices during high season,we had to shout and scream to get our room and we wanted to call the police finally they gave us the room after 3 frustrating hours,it was the mistake of their rude and worthy less reservation department who refused to give us proof that they sent a message to Emirates Holidays to decline our paid reservation.
If you want to go there get an email confirmation before you check in,the staff are nice hard working under paid from Nepal

Room Tip: Please ask the Hotel for email confirmation if you book through travel agent to make sure they will...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nadim h
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear nadim h,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to post a personal review here at TripAdvisor following your recent short stay in our resort.

We truly appreciate any feedback as it is comments from our valued guests that enable us to improve our services and facilities.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your weekend when you arrived as our team was not able to find your booking made with your travel agency. I can confirm you that your booking was not guaranteed and prepaid by your travel agency and therefore not available in our system. The Resort was very busy during that weekend due to the Eid bank holidays in U.A.E. but I was happy to read that my team was finally able to find a room for you following a late cancellation. I am sorry again for the inconvenience and stress that we try our utmost to ensure that all guests enjoy their stay with us.

We wish you the best in your future travels and please do not hesitate to contact me for your future visit.

Kind regards.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have just come back from 7 nights at this hotel.

The pros:
We had a garden room terrace which was perfect as we were travelling with a 3 year old child. The room was steps away from the kids pool which was ideal for us. The kids pool was fantastic and I liked the fact that there was a separate adults only pool too. There was also a great kids pool which has a slide which my nephew loved! However, we did have to tell the guy off who was meant to be watching the kids go down the slide. Twice my nephew went down the slide and two kids followed straight behind him!! Not safe at all and the attendant should have known better. We had a club room which was well worth it as our sunbeds were reserved for us everyday. It also included 30 mins free massage which was lovely. The best part was the "sparkling breakfast" we had in our room one morning, huge amount of food and very nice. We only ate at Maadrid restaurant which was very good for breakfast. Dinners did become a bit repetitive but that's what you get with buffets. The hotel delivered a get well cake to us one day as I had been ill just before the holiday and also made me a lovely cake for my birthday which I was celebrating while there. Moses organised this and also set up a lovely table for us. It's a huge hotel and there are lots of malls nearby if you want a break from the beach. Don't take any kids beach toys as they have lots in the kids club which you can borrow.

The cons:
I was very surprised that we didn't get a welcome drink on arrival and also had to go to the desk for check in. I have travelled to the UAE many times and have always been seated, given a cold towel and a drink. There was no turn down service...very disappointed that we didn't have chocolates on our pillows when we came back after dinner! If you are sat by the kids pool, there don't seem to be any staff around in the afternoon and in fact one day it took them 1 hour to bring me a bucket of ice!! They need to have better facilities in the main restaurant for children. The selection of food for kids was pitiful and no plastic cutlery or plates either! My sister went to the spa one morning and apparently the floor was filthy and the jacuzzi water was freezing cold. I rang room service for 3 empty glasses one day as the cleaners hadn't bothered to replace them. I was told that I had to pay for the 3rd glass....what?! there were 3 people staying in the room and all I wanted was empty glasses! Madness, I clearly didn't pay for that. There was another day where we had to wait 45 minutes for some fresh towels as again the cleaner hadn't given us enough. It took 4 calls to get them in the end! Be warned that there isn't a non smoking area which means you do have people smoking when you are trying to eat or relax by the pool. On the day of departure, there were pastries and drinks for people who had early morning flights which was great but there were empty cups and glasses everywhere. I was surprised that no one was cleaning up regularly. I personally didn't find the Virgin rep very friendly.

Having said all of that, we had a great time and would consider going back. The hotel does need to work on a few things and get some tips from the top hotels in Dubai eg offering fruit to people while they relaxing by the pool, welcome drinks etc. Also we only had one "animal" towel made up in our room whereas some people seemed to have had them everyday.

Room Tip: Garden room terrace if you are travelling with young kids
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank GR27

Dear GR27,

We certainly appreciate you taking your time to let us know what a great holiday you and your family had here with us.

As we read, you virtually enjoyed each and every amenity we offer. In order to provide this atmosphere it is most important to have your constructive feedback which is very valuable for us to know. As we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests our respective departments will review your suggestions and comments so we can assess these potential improvements.

I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

After a night flight with Virgin and the one hour transfer, we arrived at around 10am and what a pleasing start to find our room ready to check in. Room 3336 was our destination and had a very nice view over the salt water pool with the beach and sea to our left. Very pleased.
We chose half board and were in the minority with most on an AI package. Economically, when we settled our bill we think it just about went our way versus the cost to upgrade and while we didn't hold back we were probably more cautious about spending than had we been AI. Paying £3.50 for a can of 7UP or £6 for a 1.5L bottle of water was quite ridiculous so if you travel with a family I would certainly say AI is the way. (I was however rather pleased not to wear a silly wrist band....how out of date is that!?)
The food was excellent at the Maarid buffet, enjoyed breakfast daily and each night had a different theme for dinner.
We ate at the Churascaria restaurant which was very good although even my appetite failed to keep up with the huge portiions and on our last night we both had the surf n turf at Al Bahal - very very good!
We enjoyed drinks at the Sunset Bar at 5pm each day, wind down from a hard day in the sun watching the sun go down with an iced cold beer - perfect. The service from the boys in that bar is great by the way.

My only gripe and I've seen on other reviews is the booking of sun loungers by club guests and not using them. While I think it's a fair perk if you're paying for the club package, surely if you don't turn up by a certain time time then any pre booked loungers should be revoked. Each day I'd witness completely unused loungers and other guests wandering around looking for somewhere to sit for the day.....not good!

Also, I played golf at Tower Links (see my review separately) which concierge kindly arranged and was excellent. My wife had a 90 min full body massage in the spa which she also enjoyed.

Over all, we had a great time and not pleased to be home! This was our first visit and we enjoyed ourselves so highliy recommend.

Room Tip: If you are a couple that don't excessively drink during the day half board package works If you...
4  Thank RJhols

Dear RJhols,

Thank you very much for your comments about the resort and the wide range of activities available on site, from the spa, pools, beach, etc … to our different restaurants and bars.

The Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa has indeed a lot to offer and I am of course delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at the resort. I have copied your review to our Recreation Manager for follow up action about sun beds.

The team of the resort and myself look forward to welcoming you back for more fun under the Emirati sun.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from an 8 night stay (4 adults 2 kids). I was a little worried having read the negative reviews on here but needn't have been. It was all super. Hotel is very clean. Rooms large and comfortable. We were on all inclusive and there was plenty to choose from in the buffet each day. Not everything was to our personal taste but there was always something to enjoy. The salads were wonderful. Breakfast was excellent. We were offered drinks regularly.

What really makes this hotel special is the wonderful staff. Particularly in the food and beverage areas. Special thanks and praise has to go to Bahar in the main restaurant who was extremely professional and dedicated. He organised a wonderful table on the terrace for us on our final night and made us all feel so special. A great surprise which really ended the holiday on a high. He is a manager in the making for sure.

Also a big thank you to Rafiqul in the Sunset Bar. Always smiling and extremely welcoming. He is a great asset to the hotel. I hope they appreciate him.

Overall a great stay. We're definitely returning same time next year.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank foodie-fiend27

Dear franci,

Thank you for sharing this very kind review about your recent experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa with the TripAdvisor community.

Your feedback is even more highly appreciated as you are a Senior TripAdvisor reviewer and the quality of your review will be beneficial for all other users to read it as you outline very useful and relevant information in regards to our resort.

Your kind words have been shared with the team here and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the future.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from our 5th visit to this hotel. It ticks all the right boxes for us so we keep returning.

We stayed in a deluxe sea view room which was spotless. The bathroom was enormous with a huge stand-in shower. Our housekeeper was most efficient and we particularly liked the towel animals which appeared on our bed every day.

The staff at this hotel are all so helpful and can't do enough for you. The pool areas are extensive and there are plenty of sunbeds. There is a lovely sandy beach with sunbeds and parasols. Swimming in the sea is bliss. For those who like sports there are such activities as parasailing, jet skis, banana boats, rubber rings, and even a sort of microlight ride which looked really exciting.

The food at this hotel is fantastic. The main restaurant for breakfast and dinner has such a good choice. It is buffet style with something for everyone. We also ate at the Asian restaurant and the Italian one - both experiences were out of this world.

This hotel is the perfect place for both couples and families with children. There is something for everyone, including a wonderful spa. We will definitely be returning.

2  Thank Cathendo

Dear Cathendo,

Thank you for taking the time to share again your experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa and for your loyalty with our Resort.

The joy and happiness you found as you participated in our many activities and restaurants are certainly expressions of a reciprocal thank you. Your feedback means a lot to us!

I will personally relay your feedback to the team who will be glad to know that his efforts contributed to your enjoyable stay.

I truly hope to welcome you back in the not so distant future for your 6th stay! Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We spent a week here in October. We'd visited back in 2009 when it had just opened, so were interested to see how things had changed, if at all. To be honest, it hadn't changed that much. Obviously, it was a bit busier, but with more of the restaurants open now, it never felt overcrowded when eating. In fact, at lunch time, it felt positively quiet in the Maarid. We had room 2507 which had a nice view of two of the pools and the curved beach in front of the villas. It wasn't really a full sea view to be honest, not like 2501 which we had last time. We arrived at 09.00 and were given a room right away which was great. The room was clean and well equipped and the TV had a decent selection of channels in English. We'd opted for the All Inclusive deal, which I'd recommend as the menus had Hilton level prices, so you'd run up a hefty bill quite quickly otherwise. My only real gripes were (i) the fact that they allow guests to reserve sunbeds with their towels. It's very irritating to come out at about 10.00am after breakfast to find most of the loungers are "occupied" yet no-one turns up to use them sometimes until the afternoon, and (ii) no Wi-Fi in the rooms, and you have to pay £5 for 30 minutes access in the public areas of the hotel. Really? It's 2012 now, that should be free. Those two things aside, we had a really nice relaxing time and would recommend to anyone who was looking for the same.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a high floor with a number ending on 01, 02, 03 or 04. These look directly out over t...
1  Thank SurreyTraveller58

Dear SurreyTraveller58,

Thank you for sharing this very kind and thorough second review about your recent experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa.

Your feedback is even more highly appreciated as you are a Senior TripAdvisor reviewer. Our sole focus is to provide a flawless and excellent service to our valued guests, and to contribute towards a memorable stay at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort and Spa. Therefore we are thrilled to learn that you have enjoyed every minute with us.

I was surprised to read your comment about the wifi in your room in the main building as it is available everywhere. In case of issue with your connection, our IT team is available for any help. Regarding the Internet pricing in public areas, I am glad to inform you that our company is working on a global solution with an international Wi-Fi access provider to offer a complimentary wireless HSIA in all public areas. We do hope to be able to offer this solution by quarter 1 next year.

Your kind review has been shared with everyone here at the Resort and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to U.A.E.

Kind regards.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just returned from a 8 night stay, second visit this year (10th overall). Please see previous review May 6th 2012 which we still stand by 100%. Following each stay, we both agree that this hotel 'cannot get any better' but every time it does!!!! Such impeccable levels of service and attention to detail ensured our stay was wonderful yet again. We did have one small issue that was immediately and discreetly resolved by the very professional management team.
We visited most of the restaurants again, all were excellent (see restaurant reviews). We arranged a special romantic dinner under the Sunset Dome with Mr. Marino Gherardi (F & B Manager) which was truly amazing, with superb food, service and our own butler for the evening. Many thanks to Marino for making this possible, Ayman Monem for expertly managing this event and Ronnel our butler and the rest of the team for this unforgettable feast.
Dhow Bar is still our favourite daytime chill out bar, now run by new captain, Kirobel and his exceptional team - Bakta (expert cappuccino maker), Monty, Subhas, Pawan, John and the rest of the team.
On this visit we were most impressed to find DJ Allen playing his various mixes in the XO Bar which we, and many other guests, felt was a far superior venue for his music, due to its intimacy, atmosphere and size, rather than the Esprit Bar which has no atmosphere and doubles up as a Sports bar with guests wanting to watch Football!
Our special thanks to Linn Htwe, who alternated between Dome Lounge and XO Bar for his amazing cocktails always delivered with a beaming smile.
Finally, GO to this superb hotel, relax, chill out and remember you are on holiday - you will LOVE it!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a beachfront villa
2  Thank rosarossa23

Dear RosaRossa13,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Ras Al Khaima Resort & Spa. Already ten stays with us, the resort is your second home and you are part of our family!

I am pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed serenity while staying with us. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate the insights you have provided from your stay. Please rest assured that your comments will be passed on to the relevant departments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon to your second home.

Warmest regards.