Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Very Good 4/5
Tulip Inn Ras Al Khaimah(Ras Al Khaimah)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
City Hotel(Ras Al Khaimah)
Great 4.5/5
Hayat Plaza Hotel(Ras Al Khaimah)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Bin Majid Mangrove(Ras Al Khaimah)
Very Good 4/5
Ras Al Khaimah Hotel(Ras Al Khaimah)
Average 3/5
Capital Hotel(Ras Al Khaimah)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
5,943 results
All reviewsmaarid restaurantvirgin reppura vidavirgin holidaysxo barbrazilian restaurantdhow bardome barthe salt water poolpiaceri da gustarebeach villamain restauranthalf boardmanar mallresort spaall inclusive packageswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We arrived midweek mid afternoon, and received an efficient and friendly welcome from Anna. Hungry, we headed straight to what seemed to be the only available restaurant option at that time of day - Al Bahar, adjacent to the saltwater and adults only (pool with swim-up bar) pools. Another friendly family welcome from waiter Saiful, but other staff got our drinks order wrong. The food ordered from a very short menu arrived after 20 minutes and was average. Having booked independently on a B&B basis, the dining options were not cheap - and I resent paying 18Dhs for a can of lemonade when the European tourists are carrying off armloads of cans that we know only cost 1.5Dhs in the supermarket! Fellow diners staying on a package deal dined from the buffet which would have cost us over 120Dhs - too much for lunch. Seated inside facing the glass walls of the adult pool, which may have sounded clever in the design, translated to making us feeling uncomfortable as people swim up to the windows to peer in (probably worse for the Muslim guests). I do not want to see so much flesh and canoodling while I eat my club sandwich with my family.

The layout was easy to navigate but not conducive to the relaxed break that was hoped for as there is little privacy among the rows of loungers poolside and beachside. A tip for moments of peace - head out to the beach before 8am and enjoy the horseshoe bay or saltwater pool to yourself before breakfast and before the sun gets too hot. The architecture is not thoughtful, here are better examples of the modern Arabic style than this clumsy facade.

On the plus side (very much so) were the restaurants Pura Vida and Piaceri da Gustare (have reviewed separately), and the wonderful spa - thanks to Ayu for 90 minutes of real me-time.

The sunset bar was very pleasant, although it closed bang on sunset when the package holiday flock headed indoors to the Maarid resaturant for their buffet. Don't expect to be able to order drinks from your sunlounger.

The room was fine, great if you like a hard mattress. Bathroom layout dubious - with all the elements crammed in to make sure they met the 5 star criteria, the toilet itself was pushed against the wall, therefore you had to slide in behind the shower and over the bidet and manoeuvre your knee around the looroll holder!

On check-out we discovered that there is no ATM in the whole resort and wondered what would happen if we had wanted to pay cash.

Come on, Hilton, it's these very small things that make the difference. Not really barefoot luxury so much as package holiday meets faux Arabia. If you are expecting boutique hotel luxury do not come here. However, if you want a family getaway for a couple of nights it is more than acceptable. Maybe our expectations are a little high after staying in other great Hilton Hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EnglishDesertRose
RMHiltonRAKResortSpa, Manager at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear EnglishDesertRose,

Thank you very much for your feedback further to your stay at the Hilton Ras Al Khaima Resort & Spa.

I am of course delighted to learn that you and your family have enjoyed our rooms, the facilities, and above all, the friendliness and hospitality of the team.

Although the resort is indeed family friendly, its configuration and very long beach front (1.5km) also make it a favourite destination for couples, particularly at the chalet area on the beach.

As we read, you virtually experienced each and every amenity we offer. In order to provide this atmosphere it is most important to have your constructive feedback which is very valuable for us to know. As we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests our respective departments will review your suggestions so we can assess these potential improvements.

Regarding your comment about the ATM machine, we are already in contact with a bank in order to provide this service. In the meantime, our team offers a cash advance service against a credit card at the front desk in the main lobby.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back for another realxing stay with the family.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at this resort for 9 nights and found that all in all it was excellent value for money. On arrival our rooms were not ready, as expected, and were sent down to breakfast. When we went back to reception at the request time they were still not ready, but when eventually they were, we found we have been placed miles away from my disabled mother and our children! After lots of discussions with the guest services rep, we were eventually found suitable rooms. From there on in, we could complain about very little. The beach is beautiful, we found most of the staff very pleasant and helpful. It was very clean and the food was excellent. Obviously the main buffet style restaurant can be a bit samey some nights but in general it was good. The negative was that very often the tables were not cleared and re-laid properly. You could also never find a spoon, whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. The same applied to the beach buffet/bbq restaurant, tables were not cleared or cleaned properly, a bit of prompting was needed. However, the food and service at the other a la carte restaurants was excellent. RAK has a cute little shopping mall 5 mins up the road which was pleasant to go to in the evening once or twice for gifts. Dubai is about an hour or so away and we had a fab day there. If you have children, request a driver who speaks excellent english and is friendly with the kids, it makes all the difference. If you plan to visit Burj Khalifa, you must book your tickets in advance. They go very quickly so if you leave it till you are there, often you are limited to times. Don't bother with Iceland water park in RAK, quiet and a peacful day but a bit tired looking and not everything is open as they are not busy. All in all for the money was excellent. Would visit again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ninboo

Dear Ninboo,

thanks for your review about your recent stay with us. I am of course delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the hotel, the contemporary feel of the rooms and resort, as well as the various recreation facilites and outlets.

However, I am sorry to hear that your rooms were not ready when your arrived. Our team is trying to do their best to accommodate all our guests when they reach the resort but of course, depending on the check out of previous guests, it can be sometime challenging for them to get the room ready on time. I am sorry for your waiting and want to thank you for your patience.

I have passed your comments to the F&B team about the clearance of table for their review and necessary improvement.

The team of the resort and myself look forward to welcoming you back for more fun under the Emirati sun.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

Lovely resort, if perhaps a bit too big. Very family friendly but if u want to get away from the kids then there's an adults only pool with its own bar

Went to try a d get a snack by the pool but were told that they no longer serve food there after 4pm which was a pain..they had also run out of towels and were told to go to the spa section of I wanted a towel which was 7-8 minute walk away..not happy about that!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Mohammed_lsm,

thanks for your short review following your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your experience.

Thank you for your appreciative comments on the adult pool and about the feature of the resort.

It is true that after 4pm we do not longer serve food around the pool but think it is a good point to be reviewed with our Executive Chef and our F&B Manager. I was sorry as well to read for your beach towels. We have received a huge quantity of new towels two months ago that is why I cannot underdstand why our beach boy run out of towels as our Beach Club is full of stock.
I will personally do the follow up with my Recreation Manager to be sure that we just offer a top service quality.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming your again whenever your travel or leisure plans bring you back to Ras Al Khaimah.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this Hilton Resort, weather was fantastic, beach was so relaxing, many guests preferred the temperature controlled pools... It was quite, thanks to missing animation programs which we were really happy about. Food was great, although we would not book all-inclusive the next time but prefer dinner at one of the restaurants and pay for our few drinks instead as we are obviously not typical "all-inclusivers" by not having lunch daily, based on an average of +42deg cel at that time of the day food was no option for us at all... the resort is huge, mostly in perfect shape and apart from a few spots really clean. Housekeeping was excellent most of the days, only twice we had to call the reception about missing towels or coffee, but other than that, we were satisfied. We did like both the room (spacious) and the bathroom, a/c was working flawlessly and was highly appreciated. So to sum it up, a great eight days we had spent there. Now the few things we did not like too much : #1: to pay for a not-so-much high speed internet in the room is not what I expect from a hotel of such a category. If you rely on the internet to stay in touch with your business this is really essential and if you need to pay extra for such a basic service, it leaves some dissatisfaction. #2: never ever try to make any bookings or reservation with any of the staff - it is NOT worth the time. we had our 20th wedding anniversary during the stay, wanted to make it special so I made a reservation at the Asian restaurant, the concierge was talking to them, I was listing, I was happy. Went to the restaurant the next day, asked for our reserved table, nobody had any clue at all about us and our reservation, they gave us a standard small table, we enjoyed the food and watched a neighboring couple at a VERY nicely setup table who looked a bit surprised to us about that special service at this restaurant, we kinda guessed, that there was a mixup, as it is not our intention at all to spoil somebody's very nice dinner we finished our dinner without referring to that situation and left with a smile but still wondering where the tough part is to receive and fulfill a reservation that is based on a name and room number.... we then made a reservation for a nice booth at the main restaurant on our last evening at the resort, came there, guess what : no clue whatsoever but still gave us that table we were asking for, the next table was nicely setup (again!!!!), don't know if there was a mixup again or if we were just flying too low so nobody took notice that I was making requests (I am 6-4 at some 210lbs...) - so again I did not succeed, thank god my wife knows me better :) and finally the day of our departure, I was ordering a cart to pick us up from the villa and to transfer us to the lobby, asked the evening before to get that done, waited outside for our ride, needless to say, nobody showed up, had to call them again, no time for even a cup of coffee at the lobby before our airport transfer, but I have to give them credit for sticking to their way of providing service, so no ups and downs, just no service at all in these respects. But again, it was a special time for us, we made it enjoyable to ourselves but honestly I would rethink my coming back to this resort as it did not meet all my expectations. Finally : had to buy a bottle of red wine the night of our arrival. did cost me some $65.00 - why do I mention it ? the mini bar menu showed all kinds of things, among them red and white wine, perfect to start the vacation we thought. Called the lobby and asked about the missing wine, I was told, that they do not offer any wine in the mini bar, but I can call room service to order some. Room service made sure to stock us up with wine glasses daily, again, perhaps it is me not quite getting what they were telling me, perhaps it might help if they take off the menu what is not offered ? Just a thought....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TomCalgary69

Dear TomCalgary69,

Thank you for sharing this very kind and thorough review about your recent experience at Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to read the positive comments pertaining to the overall cleanliness of the Resort, your room, the friendliness and efficiency of our housekeeping team as well as the quality of our food.

However, I was sorry to read your comments about your experience to book a table in our restaurants and the lack of communication and service from our different team. It is not what I expect to read from our valuable guest and am again very sorry about this unfortunate experience. For our futur visitors in the resort, the best way to book a table is to call our Guests call centre, Magic. It is available 24 hours from the room, just use the Red Magic button on the telephone.

I would like to add as well that for any special event/celebration to be organised during the stay, our Guest Relation team is available for you. They are located in the main lobby, Guest Relation Desk from 8am till 11pm.

Finally, regarding your missing wine in the mini bar, before the summer we removed all wine from the mini bar and think your wine list was not updated. I have informed our F&B Manager about this experience for his action. Of course, as you did, a wine can be ordered through our Room Service department.

Again, thanks for you review. We all look foward to welcoming back for another stay, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

my husband and i stayed at this lovely hotel in july this year, it was 45degrees most of the time, which for us was lovely, and one of the reasons we went to dubai, please dont go if you dont like the heat, people were moaning about it being too hot... why go there then!!!
We had booked a double clubroom which overlooked the kids part of the pool, no problem at all and a beautiful room. All the swimming pools were well kept, clean, and yes...hot, possibly due to the weather!!! again people complained about it, there are complainers everywhere im afraid!!
Food lovely and lots of choice, we also ate in the italian...wow!! and the pura vida...wow again
huge choice of sun loungers, everywhere so no having to reserve beds with towels, people did tho!! All the staff were eager to please and friendly, special thanks to saiful, keith, and joy.
we went with virgin holidays who , as part of the package, give a complimentary treatment at the spa, another wow! the massage was amazing and we were thoroughly spoiled while in there, so thanks for that.
we had to complain about something minor while there, must be cos i cant recall what it was!!
on our return to the room a plate of fresh fruit and a "sorry" note was sitting there, ahhh
nice touch.
Our only negative comment with the holiday... and not strictly their fault... was about the virgin rep jimmy.... we asked him about getting to the dubai mall, he gave us his sales pitch on hiring a car for the day costing 700 dirhams, to see the dubai sights,he then told us the hotel provide a coach for 200 but only drop off in the old dubai town, which is not near the mall, and we would have to get a taxi. We then spoke to customer services who advised us that the coach drops off and collects at the mall for 200 dirhams pp, and gave us the times and days etc!!
which we done, and its a must if you havnt done it before and like shopping!! be warned tho it takes a couple of hours to get there, and back, and collects at other hotels en route.
some of the towels have seen better days, but not really a problem
only other thing to mention... we booked all inclusive normal package... we were told on check in that this doesnt apply before 12.00 midday... breakfast and drinks are provided as deal but anything you have from beach bars etc before midday are chargeable... we had drinks before 12 tho and didnt get charged might have been because we complained but not sure!!
would recommend this hotel 100 per cent, we had a really lovely stay
thanks to all the wonderful attentive staff at the hotel

Room Tip: we were on the 4th floor, wonderful view, and quiet in a clubhouse suite
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sheilamarie1

Dear sheilamarie1,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the time you took to post your review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay in our Resort.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your time with us and that we were able to make your stay memorable. Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Hilton is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. Please rest assured that your comments will be passed on to the relevant departments.

Regarding your comment about your travel agency Rep and your booking for a day out in Dubai, without trying to find him excuses, a private car with a driver showing you all key locations in Dubai will be always more expensive that buying a ticket with our shuttle bus going 4 times a week to the Dubai mall.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa.

Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, I would be delighted to handle your reservation.

Warmest regards.