As a first time visitor to Ras Al Khaimah I can only report a 10/10 for this northern emirate! As a regular in Dubai I was wary of venturing to the unknown, but am fully converted to what RAK has to offer a holiday maker. The hotel was wonderful, from decor to service, our every need was thought about and we were looked after as personal guests. The views from the beach are heavenly, its Dubai without the clutter, if that even makes sense. The pace is slightly slower the guests are more relaxed the service is refined. Outside you definitely don't miss the noise and pollution of Dubai. I find in Dubai it takes a few days to relax into holiday mode, but in RAK its defintetly quicker. Our room wasn't ready so we were upgraded to a villa! From the garden of our villa we had more or less solo access to 2 private good size pools, 1 was completed shaded so would be perfect for toddlers. I was amazed at the size of the resort...its kind of like the whole size of the the Jumeriah group in Dubai. Whilst the hotel was big you 'ever' felt crowed or ever had to wait for anything. Its got so many different areas to enjoy that 1 week was just not long enough. We did pop out to Al Hamra Fort shopping area one day and enjoyed seeing the commercial side of RAK along with having lunch at the Al Hamra Fort. In brief summary - perfect 1st stay in RAK and will defintley return.
1 hour 10 minutes exactly from Dubai airport, although if you stay at Al Hamra or Cove Rotana you can easy cut the journey down to about 55 minutes. And Direct from RAK to Dubai was only 45 minutes so its really not as far as it seems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 70 minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 guestrooms in villas and 324 guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 13 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt for choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for your favourite coffee, or swim up to Sunset Bar before grabbing a barbecue lunch at Al Bahar with an underwater view. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in 6 Degrees, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida, Sushi in Passage to Asia or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, spend great times at the classic X.O bar serving cognac and vintage ports. Leisure: The Spa features 9 treatment rooms, hamams, Jacuzzis, saunas and steam rooms. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing, sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and a shaded pool for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms and a Teens Club will keep the children and teens busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton