“on the beach ..great choice”

Bin Majid Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Ras Al Khaimah
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was there on a holiday to ras al khaima, with another friend, Mr.Mehta and his family and drove down from Dubai. It was a weekend ,so the hotel was packed.We had room number 431 on fourth floor, room was good, overlooking the beach and comfortable. The beach attached to it is clean and a good swimming pool, good choice of restaurants although all of them full and very crowded.We had asked for an extra bed for my son, which arrived by mid night, which was the only thing to be upset.The breakfast choice was good although the serving staff had lost the direction because of this big rush and crowd. The reception staff was very cheerful and courteous.I would recommend this hotel for family but not on an weekend.

Room Tip: Good hotel , next to beach. I would not recommend on a week end or holiday, otherwise a very nice re...
1  Thank Nimish B
OzgurC987, General Manager at Bin Majid Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Nimish Bhatia,

Thank you for reviewing our resort in Tripadvisor. I am delighted to learn that your family and friends enjoyed their stay with us. On a special note I have shared your comments with my department heads for keeping the standards at all times constantly.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Bin Majid Beach Resort

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We are coming from Dubai, I was looking for a nice place to stay for a night and found Bin Majid Beach Resort in Ras Al Khaimah on the internet. My daughter, wife and came tom stay with a little bit of hesitation but we are very much enjoyed and relaxed. We will definitely come back again for a longer time. It is always a need for a short break after long day’s work and stressful week in Dubai. We found the Bin Majid beach Resort RAK one of the best small family beach resort with a lots of greens, flowers and trees in UAE. The drive DXB was fun and nice side seeing. The staff at the check-in was friendly, quick and offered us a shilled drinks. They were extra taking care of my kid and we were guided to our room that we found very clean and modern. Fruit basket and refreshment made us feel special. Extra thanks for that. Showers, towels, beds are great. Happy hour at the Zulus Pub made my happy day. The snack and the cold drinks at the pool was just great. We had a Swedish and Thai massage which was very nice it was also reasonable priced at the new opened SPA. Small recommendation; could be nice if some hot drinks were offered after massage at the SPA, of course comp! Breakfast, lunch and dinner food at the Oasis restaurant found simple but very delicious and great variety of dishes served by friendly staff. We met Mr. Ozgur Cireli, the General Manager of the hotel told us about the new projects and the developments about the beach resort starting from the beach bar and other restaurants. We will be exited to come back and feel the difference and have the chilled drinks from Mohammad again at the beach. The entire staff served us with very passionate. I would like to thank all the staff of every department who were very dedicated to their duty and friendly service. I have gone with my daughter for a round Jet skiing and it was great to feel the wind and the salty sea on my face. Our room at the beach side was great. we have opened the door and windows and we were hearing the waves and birds. I wrote this after 7 days of my stay and even to think about it, made me feel hunger to go back again tomorrow or next week and we will surely come again soon with friends or family. Thanks to all of you and you guys made the Bin Majid beach Resort 5* ++

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for writing such detailed and positive comments. It gives me great pleasure to see that you and your family have enjoyed their stay thoroughly; the room, location, staff, service, Spa and activities.

Our team here is dedicated to make our guests' stay a memorable one at all times and hearing these comments is the biggest reward for them, seeing that their efforts are recognized.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you and your family hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had a last minute decision to discover Al Hamra part of RAK although it was a long weekend attached to public holiday. We were happy having the chance to get a room at Bin Majid resort yet not knowing the area .I believe my own eyes and taste of the present moment with an advanterous mind and post to my visit now I am happy that had a chance to discover a clean,fresh odoured room, new clean beach where you can get perfect relaxation under the coconut trees (I didn't see them before in UAE) , collect sea shells while doing the sun rise swim and walk,chatting at every stop of the resort with the friendly team holding together the resort like a family property with professional, positive attidute (They really place the guest experience and expectations at top of their mind ) It was a great welcoming from the general manager himself while we were doing the check in,during the stay and at the check out ) We were being adressed by our names and remembering what we ordered by the waiters.Will visit again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
OzgurC987, General Manager at Bin Majid Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Bassenko,

Thank you for your taking the time to review our Resort. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us thoroughly and we met your expectations of a good relaxing beach holiday. I am delighted to read your positive notes about the team members which are shared with all of them.

The family of Beach Resort as you mentioned are looking forward to welcome you back hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Living in Dubai, my wife and i were looking for a nice place to relax in UAE while having a long weekend. In RAK at Bin Majid Beach Resort we found the ideal retreat to get rid of the city stress with a beautiful beach with trees.
The check-in was quick and we were guided to our room that we found very clean and well climatised. Everything we were looking for was available, from the happy hour at the Zulus Pub, the snack and the cold drink at the pool, Spa for any kind of relaxation massage... We had beakfast, lunch and dinner at the Oasis restaurant and were delighted to find a simple but very delicious food with a great variety of dishes. We had the pleasure of meeting with Mr Ozgur Cireli, General Manager, who explained us his will and concern to always better develop and improve the property. We would like also thank all the staff of every department who were very dedicated to their duty and friendly. (we particularly thank Mr Gabriel and Mr Alex from the Oasis Restaurant). We will sure come again soon, with friends or family to this place where we can feel home...

1  Thank JMNAB
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was our second stay in the Resort. First time there was a situation of overbooking and instead of 2 rooms that we booked, we were offered 1 suite, so one couple would stay in Master room and another would sleep in living room on extra beds, with additional full board for all. Since we traveler from Abu Dhabi, and came quite late, we took it. My husband and I suffered on extra beds, but in general, that stay was just a miss. Food in the restaurant was average, bed very uncomfortable, there was a laud cat in front of our balcony that didn't stop all night, swimming pool was overcrowded and facilities are old. Staff was kind and smiley, so after few months we decided to give the place a second chance. This time Receptionist (Moroccan girl) was so impolite and rude that my friend wanted to turn around and leave the place. We were offered rooms different than booked, we asked for 2 king rooms next to each other but we got 1 king and 1 twin (that at the begging couldn't be turned into king bed as there was a fixed table between beds, but as soon as we complained again, suddenly, bed could be put together). In general, it looks like this place is getting more and more torn down and overused. Food was again overpriced and average, but on a good note, I loved the private beach. In general, twice we went there in just couple of months and it was only getting worse. I don't think it deserved another chance.

Room Tip: Ask for ground rooms, balconies are nicer that on uper floor.

Dear SmileyDxb,

Thank you for your review and sharing your experience. First of all please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences that we may have caused. I have gone through all your points and discussed them with all the concerned team members.

Concerning your booking, please be informed that rooms next to each other and bed types are subject to availability on the day of arrival and we do our best to fulfill these requests. Your stay was during the long weekend when the resort is full however I am pleased to see that this was resolved to your satisfaction by arrangement of the Front Office team. On another note please be informed that our food and beverage prices are in line with the market and actually more affordable compared to similar properties.

Our beach is indeed one of the best in UAE, I am glad that you enjoyed it and I hope to welcome you back at the resort and try our new premium chalets which are few meters away from your favorite beach.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

After reading the positive reveiws of other guests who have visted Bin Majid Beach resort - we were looking forward to a relaxing long weekend. However, we were slightly dismayed with the following:-

- Ant infestation in our Suite, the maids service kindly gave us an ant spray to keep the infestation down.
- A Dead Dog floating in the sea near the beach - i actually bumped into it whilst swimming, and requested through the owner of the jet ski rental to remove the dead dog before other families see it and complain.
- No Control of Jet Ski riding - on both days, the jet ski's were riding dangerously close to swimmers in the out of bounds area. Why doesnt the Management re-enforce the ban of jet ski's in the swimming area.
- Both mornings (friday and saturday) when looking for towels for the pool and beach, there were obvioulsy none available before 10:00 in the morning as the staff failed to clean up on the beach and pool areas - rubbish and wet towels were still on display on both mornings - which shows a failure of service control.
- on a positive note, the restaurant staff were very polite and food was very good.

Room Tip: Check your rooms carefully for any infestation of ants.
1  Thank RickP3
OzgurC987, General Manager at Bin Majid Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear RickP3,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us as well as sparing your time on the phone earlier.

As mentioned in our phone conversation I have gone through all your comments with all the concerned department heads and please find below clarification for each of them.

- Our rooms in the resort located in the open area facing the landscape or beach.There was no trace of any infestation inside your suite however there is the chance that they could come through an open balcony door. We have however treated the room inside every corner after your comments.
- Please be informed that our beach is cleaned everyday regularly and it is famous for its clean white sand. It is unfortunate that you bumped into a dead animal floating in the sea. On another note please be informed that we organize environmental activities throughout the year to create awareness in the community to keep or seas clean.
- As mentioned the water sports center notified already on Saturday morning to brief the riders better, thank you for your right concern on this matter.
-The matter is addressed to our laundry manager to provide better services to our guests in terms of speed to avoid any delay in pool towels.

Dear Mr. RickP3, thank you once again for your constructive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at the Beach Resort.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We,as a group of 3 ladies with a child, had a great time in this resort. Nice facilities with friendly staff made it an ideal destination for a relaxing holiday. Individual specious rooms open directly to the beach or pool. You can relax at your own table in front of your room, watching the beach/pool.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TubaStad

Dear TubaStad,

Thank you for your review and positive comments. I am delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with your friends in our resort and it gives me great pleasure to share these with the team in here.

Look forward to welcoming you back at Beach Resort.