My son and I stayed at this lovely resort for two nights and found it to be a very relaxing and peaceful getaway from Dubai. The deluxe room was ample and very comfortable with a lovely view out to the Lagoon pool and over the resort. We had previously stayed at the Waldorf Astoria down the road in Al Hamra, and I have to say, this is not of a similar 5 star quality. This is definitely a place to go with the kids. I would not enjoy sitting around the main pool if I was on a romantic weekend. The pool lounges are all taken by lunchtime, and I had the feeling that I was sitting on top of the people around me...a bit crowded and downmarket to be honest. Having said that it was perfect with my 7 year old, as he made friends and I enjoyed some lovely adult company as well. The sunsets were amazing, and the beach is nice if you get there in the morning and enjoy the low tide before the water is crashing on the stone wall that is built to keep the water from eroding the beach. My biggest gripe is the lack of wifi access. There is only paid cable access in the room (no good if you have an ipad), and the couple of times I needed the internet in the main restaurant, I had to ask for a code. Now in this day and age when you are paying top dollar to stay at a 5 star resort, I expect wifi to be free throughout the resort! It also makes it easier on the poor staff, who have to keep explaining where you can access, for how long, how much etc etc. Ridiculous! If the resort advertises itself as a technology free zone (no TV, mobile phones etc) it would be fine, and you would come here to completely switch off. My husband was in hospital on the other side of the world, and I was not able to contact him easily. This was very frustrating. Please change your system Cove Rotana, and you will be almost perfect :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah