We stayed in a premium 3 bedroom villa with a plunge pool over the weekend. The resort is pretty and clean and well maintained but stops short of luxury. There is something missing that gives that luxurious feel in the decor, service and facilities.
Service is average. Food strictly ok. Avoid chicken preparations as the ones we got were rubbery butter chicken and strange tasting nuggets we returned as they were for the kids in the group. We still paid for these though! Food delivery was slow for room service and you ciukd hear the grass growing at Cinnamon where we were late for the buffet and ordered a la carte. Very few healthy options on the menu. There is a noisy bouncy castle in the terrace of the restaurant where some strange adult guests started jumping scaring our kids. Noone did anything about this.
It was too cold to use the pool so we went to the beach which is really a narrow strip if sand in high tide which gets some rocky extensions in low tide. The lagoon is pretty and the views around the resort are nice. The temp controlled pool is open only from sunrise to sunset so do keep this in mind as we spent the day at the beach and planned to go to the pool in the evening only to find it closed. The villa pool isn't temp controlled and the water was icy even during the day.
The TV in the sitting area didn't work properly and the sound was muffled and strange. We could hear it upstairs even but not in the sitting room!
It was quite cool in RAK and there was no hot water in any of the 3 bathrooms in the villa. We had the geysers on for over an hour and only got some water that barely qualified as lukewarm. And yes we do know how to use taps :). During such a short stay, we didn't have the time or bandwidth to complain so we simply grinned and bore it though we were concerned for the kids.
All in all the place looks quite nice but lacks simple basics so I would rate it just average and suggest you head to the many other options available in RAK.
Overall, I wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cove Rotana Resort is located on an idyllic water inlet on the Ras Al Khaimah beachfront, offering spectacular views over the Arabian Gulf. Just 8 km from the city centre, 20 km from the Ras Al Khaimah Airport and an 87 km drive from Dubai, The Cove Rotana Resort is an ideal destination for leisure travellers and weekend breakers. 204 rooms and 78 one, two and three bedroom Villas, 3 fully-equipped and flexible meeting rooms with the latest audio-visual equipment, 6 attractive choices of restaurants, bars and lounges, the fully equipped Bodylines leisure and fitness club, 600 metres of pristine beach, 2 swimming pools and 7 exquisitely designed massage treatment rooms are among the many facilities offered at The Cove Rotana Resort – Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Cove Rotana Ras Al Khaimah