L'italiano's - Chicago Pizzeria & Italian Ristorante - Al Ain
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
NY
“Ridiculous”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Really, how hard can it be to make eggplant parmesan? My 2 tiny pieces were dry, bland & almost unrecognizable. One pro is that the servers are all very friendly. However, the food sucked & I wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited May 2014
L'italianos R, Manager at L'italiano's - Chicago Pizzeria & Italian Ristorante - Al Ain, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to write us your feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to your eggplant parmesan and please be assured that an action has been implemented to avoid any such re-occurrence.

Kindly consider this as a one off incident which does not reflect the usual standards in personalized food service we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

It's the kind of quality you expect from a bad fast food chain while the prices are quite high for Al Ain. Macaroni and cheese AND mashed potatoes clearly came from a box (seriously??). My pasta sauce tasted like it was made from a mix, and my husband's pasta was not warm all the way through. Never again.

P.S. The salad was fine and the servers were very friendly.

• Visited June 2014
L'italianos R, Manager at L'italiano's - Chicago Pizzeria & Italian Ristorante - Al Ain, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to write us your feedback.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the pasta taste and temperature. Please be assured that we are being extra careful to avoid any such re-occurrence.

Kindly consider this as a one off incident which doesn't reflect the usual standards in food service we offer.

Regarding your comment about the origin of our food, I would like to ensure you that our Mac&Cheese, mash potatoes as well as all our pasta sauces are homemade, freshly made in our restaurant on daily basis and not coming from a supplier or a box already made.

It is great to hear that you had positive dining experience with the service and I would like to thank you for your comment on the service staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had dinner this week in L'italiano's and wanted to share my experience when I noticed that they were not on TripAdvisor, that is why I am the first but hope to be not the last as we had, me and my partner, a great dinner.
We start with their soup of the day, a nice chicken&mushroom soup, creamy and yummy.
After that my partner had a fillet mignon, US Angus beef, recommended by the waitress and it was succulent with their homemade mashed potatoes and sauteed vegetables. Myself I had a pesto risotto with shrimps which was very nice and tasty.
On the beverages side, the waitress recommended us their selection of fresh juices, which is quite large. We had a fresh grapefruit and watermelon which were very good and refreshing on this warm evening as we had dinner on their terrace (very convenient for the smoker that I am...).
Overall experience was great, and we will definitely go back on our next visit to Al Ain as the manager informed us that they will have a new menu in the month of May.

• Visited April 2014

Travelers who viewed L'italiano's - Chicago Pizzeria & Italian Ristorante - Al Ain also viewed

Al Ain, Emirate of Abu Dhabi

Been to L'italiano's - Chicago Pizzeria & Italian Ristorante - Al Ain? Share your experiences!