“Excellent location”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Al Ain
Tavira, Portugal
“Excellent location”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of the fort and easy taxi rides to other tourist attractions. The reception staff take care to welcome and meet guests requirements. The gym and squash courts provide excellent exercise options.

Room Tip: Request rooms that either face the pool or the tennis court
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Ms. Janet,

Thank you for your kind words about our property. I am glad to know that our facilities and services met your expectations. We hope to welcome you once again soon to Al Ain Rotana.

Ayman Gharib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I live in Dubai and we have stayed at the Al Ain Rotana close to 30 nights over the past 6 years. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and the staff is excellent as well. The new addition to the hotel is better than most 5 star hotels we have stayed in through out our many travels.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the new addition!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AlAinR0tana, General Manager at Al Ain Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear tripadvisor user “ptrdolan”

Thank you so much for your kind feedback about Al Ain Rotana. We are very pleased to have hosted you during the past 6 years and we hope to welcome you once again soon at your home in the oasis.

UAE
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel after my 2-day stay. Service is faultless throughout, which is a plus. The staff are very friendly and professional, and go out of their way to meet your requests. The room I was in is situated in the left-hand wing of the building, near the gym. If you check in at the central reservation you will need to walk out in the sun to this part of the hotel, which could be a problem in 50C heat. There is another check-in desk there, however.
Note: If you want peace and quiet, ask for a room that doesn't face the pool area. It can get extremely noisy out there with loud music, kids playing football well into the night, and lots of party animals congregated around the pool and dining areas. This is the reason I marked 'sleep quality' as only average, as it was very noisy out there until well after midnight.
My room was a King room. It was very large, very clean and well appointed. There was plenty of storage space and room to move. Bed was extremely comfortable, covered with cushions and pillows as 5-star hotels tend to do. It had a nice balcony which overlooked the pool area. Everything worked in the room, however the locking mechanism on the balcony door caused a couple of problems to get it unlocked - it's rather hard to manipulate. Big bathroom - light switches are outside, including the one for the mirror.
It's a small quibble, but for a solo traveller the 'Do Not Disturb' sign is very important for me, and I didn't find any such door notice in the room.
Very pleasing to see FREE WIFI - this is rare in the UAE, and I'm glad it is finally catching on here. Was able to access the wifi all over the hotel once I'd signed in.
Breakfast buffet was truly excellent - a really good selection of foods and good service (just don't look down at the stone floor covered in glass - it's a bit disconcerting!).
All-in-all an extremely pleasant stay and I will probably be back again.

Room Tip: For a quiet stay, ask for rooms not facing/anywhere near the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear tripadvisor user “rizuj”,

First of all I would like to apologize for the sleep inconvenience you encountered in our hotel, due to the busy operations at the pool. On the other hand I would like to thank you for your nice feedback about our property and services as we are all pleased to know that we met your expectations. We hope to welcome you one more time at Al Ain Rotana your home in the oasis.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2014

This is the 6th visit to this hotel, booked by the company I work for. The hotel is wonderful in almost all respects. The problem is at check-in. They know I'm coming but there is never a room ready when I arrive. Today, I was told that it was being prepared. 50 minutes later I was still waiting so it clearly was not a priority. I won't be coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Tony,

I would like to start by apologizing about the unfortunate incident you faced at Al Ain Rotana, we will contact you privately to discuss the incident in details. Thanks again for your feedback and hope to see you again soon in our hotel.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 12 nights whilst on business in Al Ain. The rooms in the main building are very nice, especially the ones with a pool view. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all buffet with an extensive choice. There is a chef on hand to prepare any special requirements. The staff are very friendly and attentive especially Fatima and the restaurant manager Roy.
The pool and outside area are relaxing and again well maintained.
Overall a brilliant stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Steve,

I would like to thank you for your nice feedback about Al Ain Rotana. please note that Fatima and Roy will be notified with your generous words as I am sure it will give them more confidence doing their job. We hope to welcome you once again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have just spent four days at this centre and I have to say that it is very welcoming. I stayed in the new part of the hotel in a lovely big room with balcony overlooking the pool area. It is much quitier at this end and recommended. Food was lovely and always well presented by friendly staff and more importantly reasonably priced. It also has a bug swimming pool and seating area as well as a very good gym.
Overall, I would rate this hotel highly and I will return for another stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the new part as the old part can be noisy if there are weddings or functions especially if t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. John,

Thank you so much for your nice comments about Al Ain Rotana, we are very pleased to know that our services met your satisfaction. We hope to welcome you once again soon at Al Ain Rotana.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

The property itself is nice. The pool area and communal areas are comfortable and well maintained. The classic rooms are comfortable but the bathroom is small and could do with updating. We were moved to a premium room because the original room was 'smoking' which was no good to us. I'd recommend paying the extra as the bathroom and the view over the pool was much better, and wifi is included in the rate so it's good value. Check in was awful. It took 20 minutes and felt chaotic. Check out (at the premium side) was less chaotic but it still took too long. The advisor had to call someone to get the car and call someone else to check the mini bar meaning another 20 minutes. That's not what I expect from a 4 or 5 star hotel. The hotel had been busy because of the Al Ain v Man City football match but they should have been better prepared. We waited over 30minutes for drinks in Trader Vics and at breakfast there were no tables free and we had to wait. We were pretty unimpressed with the food in both locations. Trader Vics was decent portion size and there was a very varied menu, but it didn't taste freshly made. Breakfast was chaos. Good coffee when we got it but we had to wait a whole and the poor guy managing the egg counter was just inundated and struggled to cope.
We mentioned our issues to management whilst we were there. We got an expected 'we are sorry' but mainly excuses of how busy they were with no mention of what they would do about it. And nothing is more frustrating that receiving an apology along with a 'grin.' We didn't feel we were taken seriously and would only return if we needed to visit the area, we wouldn't go out of choice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear tripadvisor user “Sjpbingley”

I would like to apologize about the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay at Al Ain Rotana, I assure you that this is not the Rotana standard at all. Please note that a plan is implemented to improve the points you commented about to avoid any inconvenience in the future. We hope to welcome you once again at Al Ain Rotana so that you can see the improvements on our services.